+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I think short wavy is gorgeous. What colour is your hair?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Definitely not the long and wavy one. I'd go the short one - it's not that short and you can probably scrape it back. My hair is about that length and wavy too and I can just pull it back if I need to.
    Let me know if you need an awesome hairdresser recommendation, he's in the city
    Thank you, I already have an appointment with a new hairdresser (by recommendation) for the end of November, but if I'm not happy with her I'll definitely get your guy's name!

I can't believe after nearly 34 years of living I've never found a hairdresser I like!

Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I think short wavy is gorgeous. What colour is your hair?
    It's medium / dark brown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thank you, I already have an appointment with a new hairdresser (by recommendation) for the end of November, but if I'm not happy with her I'll definitely get your guy's name!

I can't believe after nearly 34 years of living I've never found a hairdresser I like!

It's medium / dark brown.
    Before and after pics please

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-10-2016),binnielici  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go with just long enough to pull back in case you want it up. I cut my hair just too short to put up once and it drove me nuts!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sketch For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP, sounds like we have a similar hair type.

I've had plenty of layered bobs before and they do work well with our hair type.

I've found however that what works best for me is to keep a bit of length but get a lot of layers. I mean A LOT. Shorter face framing layers and lots of texture.

I'm really happy with my current do - I'll see if I can post a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

The cuts you have posted are all nice, but they have been styled by a professional - unless you are a whiz at making waves with a GHD these cuts might just look like fairly standard bobs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    OP, sounds like we have a similar hair type.

I've had plenty of layered bobs before and they do work well with our hair type.

I've found however that what works best for me is to keep a bit of length but get a lot of layers. I mean A LOT. Shorter face framing layers and lots of texture.

I'm really happy with my current do - I'll see if I can post a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

The cuts you have posted are all nice, but they have been styled by a professional - unless you are a whiz at making waves with a GHD these cuts might just look like fairly standard bobs.
    I was thinking the same actually - the pics are more about the styling than the cut (aside from the general length) iykwim. @A-Squared talk to the hairdresser about how frequently you can get it cut, how much time you're willing to spend each day styling, how many products you're willing to use, and whether you want to be able to put it up, whether you want to wear it both straight and curly and how often for each. These are the qs my hairdresser asks and he cuts my hair to suit.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-10-2016),Sketch  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got exactly the same hair as you, fine but lots of it and it is prone to frizz if it's really humid, but most of the time it is just a little bit wavy. I would never get a short bob, my hair would look too boofy.
    So, out of those three I'd go for long and wavy. I'm all for looking younger than my age though! I want to have long hair forever; I think older ladies can look really sophisticated with long hair if it's maintained nicely.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love lobs. Long bobs all the way.
    Make sure if you do get one, get them to cut it at your collar bone. That way it's just enough to tie up on a lazy day, but also perfect length for styling.

My hair looks like number 2, however has grown out a few centimetres and is darker brown. It's so easy to style and make beautiful waves like in the pic. Takes me about 10 mins. I will never go back to having long hair.

Ps. Don't get layers for these styles. If you don't like the blunt look, ask them to make the ends a bit choppy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Ends choppy! Got it! See I think me not knowing the terminology has lead to me not getting what I want.

I just always worried that asking for layers would mean I'd have layers half way up my head with a short cut.

Anyone else with really frizzy hair got any product recommendations on something you can put in and leave your hair to dry naturally? I'm lucky being in SA humidity is never a problem, more so dryness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Ends choppy! Got it! See I think me not knowing the terminology has lead to me not getting what I want.

I just always worried that asking for layers would mean I'd have layers half way up my head with a short cut.

Anyone else with really frizzy hair got any product recommendations on something you can put in and leave your hair to dry naturally? I'm lucky being in SA humidity is never a problem, more so dryness
    I have wavy frizzy hair and I chop and change products depending on how I'm styling it (eg straightened or curly) but some I use are:
    kerastase elixir serum (when it's extra frizzy)
    redken curvaceous ringlet balm (when I wear my hair naturally curly which is about 70% of the time, this is quite a lightweight curl balm)
    Sebastian potion 9 styling treatment (I use this every day no matter what style)
    evo liquid rollers (for super curly style with hold quite a heavy product I find)
    Evo mister fantastic texture spray (if doing my hair extra nicely lol but also good to just spruce up a bit on non wash days if needed)
    I use Sebastian penetraitt shampoo and conditioner which I really like. Hopefully the hairdresser can recommend some products without too much of a hard sell (I hate that ).