+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Do you read reviews and change your mind?

So we are going overseas next year for my husband's brother's wedding. We have a large dog who I don't think would cope in a kennel locked up for 22/23 hours day. So I found a free range boarding place and read the reviews. I would say that about 95% of the reviews gave 5 stars but there were 2 reviews that were really bad and I am finding it hard to look past the 2 reviews that were terrible despite the others being amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sometimes, depends on the review and if it seems like it was a once off/innocent mistake.

What about a house/petsitter? That's what we do for our cats whenever we go overseas, usually find a friend of a friend that needs a place to stay for whatever reason (living with parents and saving money for house, just returned from overseas,etc). The least stressful and cheapest arrangement for everyone involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't avoid if the reviews are 95% good. No business is flawless

But yes, I use reviews a lot, especially for products I'm considering buying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What was said in the complaints? What kind of stuff was in the good reviews?

I never expect everyone would be happy with something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are people that do pet sitting/house sitting for a living. My sister became one by accident as she had such a good reputation with pets. Ask around. Otherwise, if you really prefer a kennel, I would probably ask them directly about the negative reviews. Give them the opportunity to explain themselves. Perhaps the individuals involved have left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Yeh we normally get my husband's older brother who also lives here in Australia to come and stay with his dog if we go away but obviously he will be at the wedding as well given it's his brother too.

One of the reviews said that her dog got out of the gate that was left open but on the website it specifically states that your dog must not be a runner. The other one said her dog was mauled by 2 staffies but talking to the owner today she said they don't accept bull terriers anymore and other small dogs like jack Russell and fox terriers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In that case I would be ok with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds reasonable. They've taken action to rectify the issues. I'd also be ok with that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Interesting that another one I was looking at sounded better for facilities but with a bit of googling, discovered the guy who runs it been charged with animal cruelty

http://www.rousehillcourier.com.au/s...nimal-cruelty/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's awful!