+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's sad but it's totally normal I think. My husband doesn't really acknowledge pregnancy until he sees the baby on a scan and knows it's real.
    After 2 losses this year my husband still wouldn't acknowledge this pregnancy really until the nipt results confirmed everything was OK. We had 2 scans before that but I think he was just trying not to get attached, just in case he needed to be strong for me if something went bad.

The best thing will be to get your dating scan early so he can see it and join you on the journey.

Congratulations!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fauvette For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats Hun! It's very common for men to not really bond with baby til later in pregnancy or not until Bub has arrived

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post

With my DH, that first scan and seeing a heartbeat was the first turning point. It was the first time he saw any sign of the existence of our child.
    Same with my DH he was pretty much in denial until that moment. He was happy to have a baby on the way but couldn't quite believe it or be genuinely excited until the first scan at about 7 weeks.

Good luck with your pregnancy OP! And congrats

6. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Need a quick vent!

My DH didn't get "excited" with either pregnancy. It never seemed real and he always struggled to get his head around it. He said the scans were just a blurry blob lol. And he didn't really bond with dd1 until she was few weeks old and started smiling and responding to him. A newborn baby was just so foreign to him and he was nervous and scared of her fragility, and I did all the hands in stuff.
    2nd time around he bonded a lot faster as he was more confident and involved with nappy changes etc.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 14-10-2016 at 07:55.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post: