+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @infinity888 it definitely isn't a tin shack it's a lovely new clinic so no worries there and the majority of ladies have an excellent experience there, so as long as you read everything a check, and you understand everything etc all should be good I would disagree on the transferring of four though as as I've said I've followed that thread for 3 years and 98% of ladies have had 4 transferred and they've all been under the impression that they're all top quality blasts, this recent thread is where you'll find most of the double and single embryos transfers and while yes the incidence of all four taking isn't common, it has happened and left the ladies with having to face the decision to do reductions. Maybe in the past it was because they were still using the old freezing techniques and knew there wasn't to much luck with that and the fets. I'm not at all trying to put a bad light on the clinic as they are very busy and the majority of ladies are extremely happy with them and as I said it looks like now since they have hired Nicole things are running a lot more smoothly
    Last edited by stacey10; 08-10-2016 at 12:01.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

infinity888  (08-10-2016),Summer  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @infinity888 has anything been said by Nicole in relation to the Microsort sperm option with PGD and gender selection? It was in my email as an option - so I just wondered in your back and forth with her, if this came up and whether you had confirmed that they do offer this service or not? I've asked the question now, but I haven't received a reply yet.

I've also asked about transferring only one embryo - as that is definitely my only choice, at least initially. If I had failed transfers and there was some advantage in putting two in, then I may consider it, but not first off.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

infinity888  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Summer yes i straight up asked nicole if pgd gender selection for family balancing reasons is legal and she said yes it is. Although i did say for eg one of each put back. Anyway ill be interested in her answer to you. I only want 2 at a time put back depending on quality of course. I am assuming you might get x1 exvellent pgd normal and x1 good. If i got better than that i would reassess. @Charlie74 yes i briefly looked at bonechi as well but my gut instinct went tm for now. So far anyway like you i think its nice to have new options to research try and hopefully successfully come back from. Time will tell i guess.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Summer have you heard anything yet. Nicole replied this morning and stated pgd laws dont apply to them so maybe its south Cyprus or not effected yet. Not sure but that was it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @Summer have you heard anything yet. Nicole replied this morning and stated pgd laws dont apply to them so maybe its south Cyprus or not effected yet. Not sure but that was it
    That's good news! I'm still waiting for a reply from Nicole - being me I've sent three emails with different questions directly to Nicole now, so I'm hoping I get a reply very soon as I'm getting anxious!!!

I did Google some sites of what to do in Cyprus and I am SO excited about the holiday part of it too. My DH and I have only had one short holiday in five years together (we've had a couple of weeks away with DSS as well) but just the two of us - only once. So this is a really big thing for me to have him to myself for a week!!! I was looking at the winery tours, a hiking tour, there are ruins to visit and little villages to explore - I am absolutely rapt and so looking forward to it.

Did you see flight centre? Are they good with all the other stuff, not just flights? Usually I do everything myself online, but thought for this holiday I might get some expertise to come in and help me plan an amazing trip. DH will be fine to just leave it with me and will get on a plane on the day I tell him to - so I want to amaze him with the best holiday ever, sprinkled in with a few appointments - but I imagine there's only maybe two or three days that we'd need to be in the clinic? I'll co-ordinate that with Nicole I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @infinity888, the clinic I was looking at is the Bahceci (Bahçeci Health Group and Cyprus IVF Centre) which is one of the 3 mentioned by @stacey10 & is on the east coast.

Apparently they were named as one of the top 3 healthcare organisations by Newsweek magazine under the title “The Best Infertility Treatment in America, Asia, and the Middle East”.
    http://www.cyprusivf.com

I've not done much research at all, just a bit of googling & reading articles.

Really interesting reading all the posts in here. Cyprus is definitely looking like a great option for DE I have to say.
    I think that is a very good clinic as well @Charlie74 - I'm going to keep looking into them in the next few days and hope to choose one ASAP so I get everything rolling. I can't believe it could be happening!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Summer flight center were ok but tbh didnt know much about cyprus at all. No recomendations really for day trips in the north only the south. I think you have to book hotels through nicole if you want the free transfers from airport to hotel and to clinic etc. Not sure if she has sent you the list? Beautiful hotels to choose from though. Try googling merrit park hotel or the golden pasha or the rocks all amazing. There are lots of other choices too. We are planning some little day trips too once we are there we are going to explore.

So so excited. Just a hint if you are requiring an urgent reply mark urgent in subject box. I havent had to yet but ive heard it helps.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What town is the clinic in? I was assuming Nicosia?

I don't have time to write today but should be able to sit down tomorrow and write about things to do I just need to know the town.

If the hotels are in Nicosia and the clinic is in Turkish Cypriot, then definitely only use the clinic hotels and get their transfers as their driver will take care of the crossing for you. If you tried to get there in a taxi, you would need to get out at the border, cross over, then try and get a taxi over there which may be difficult if you don't have one waiting.

Inifinity if you want to start looking at flights, then Emirates and Qatar are your best choices as they would be the quickest way there. Both airlines are great. If you are wanting a stopover, then go Emirates as Dubai has a bit to offer. Qatar fly via their capital of Doha which doesn't have much to offer.

If the clinic is far north, just make sure everything is done in Euro as the northern part use Turkish lire.

Anyway, will be back on tomorrow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @infinity888 those hotels all seem to be in the North, so no border crossing except after arrival from Larnaca Airport over to the North. I was actually hoping to stay in the South, and just go across on the couple of days that we'd have appointments - I wasn't really thinking of staying in the North at all. I wonder if they do both options for hotels? I haven't received anything from them other than the initial email at this stage, but it is the weekend, so hopefully on Monday I'll start getting some replies.

@calypso75 one of the clinics is in Nicosia, another is in Famagusta I think. And that's why I thought the clinic had their own car and chauffeur to take people from south to north - but from those hotels @infinity888 has mentioned, they are all in the north - so I won't know more about that until the clinic gives me the full run down of hotels. From my limited googling - I haven't really looked too hard yet - I was pretty keen to stay in the South, but having said that I haven't even looked much at the North side yet.

Emirates via Dubai looked like the best flights too - once I get a better idea of timing from the clinic, I'll book our flights as it will be over the Christmas / New Year period and I want to get them locked in ASAP.
    Last edited by Summer; 09-10-2016 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Summer i think all the suggested hotels from tm are in the north. But i cant be sure.They will send a driver to airport and clinic and back and forth i think. You also get a ph to use as well. If you dont stay in one of there suggested hotels i think its a little cheaper but you have to hire a car etc. Not sure about hotels in the south. Clinic i think is in kyrenia/ girne @Calypso yes dh liked emirates and dubai stop over as doha didnt have much so yes we will hopefully be booking flights next week. We are thinking of staying at the rocks hotel in north cyprus is this ok ? We will be going end of nov early dec and i think thats winter over there? Whats the weather like? Are alot of the places closed down? Sorry so many questions. Im nervous excited and scared all at once and thats just the travel part. Haha

17. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (11-10-2016)