+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Please don't hate me... But...
    Greyhound trainers..
    Some people in horse racing and steeple chase..
    Puppy farms..
    Kitten farms..
    I agree with all but the top one. I've met some good greyhound trainers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't actually care what my friends careers are as long as it is legal and certainly don't think less of them. As long as you are a good, honest, trustworthy person and a good friend I'm not here to judge your career - but poop on me as a friend and we're done.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Ashley Maddison is unethical on several levels though. Not only is the company making money from affairs - they are rorting the cheaters too. Apparently a vast majority of the 'women' on the site are bots, designed to coax men in to signing up to higher level subscriptions to communicate further with them. Then they conveniently stop chatting. Cheating may not be illegal, nor providing a site to form the hook ups. But fraud most certainly is.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (07-10-2016),VicPark  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Ashley Maddison is unethical on several levels though. Not only is the company making money from affairs - they are rorting the cheaters too. Apparently a vast majority of the 'women' on the site are bots, designed to coax men in to signing up to higher level subscriptions to communicate further with them. Then they conveniently stop chatting. Cheating may not be illegal, nor providing a site to form the hook ups. But fraud most certainly is.
    I didn't know about the fraud. Then yes it crosses the line for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Unethical careers - spin off

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hmmm. Profiting from someone else's insecurity is unethical ..?
    You should join the sisterhood thread..
    Surely everyone agrees with the fact that pimping is unethical? Last time I checked it was also illegal.
    Maybe not in Australia though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Surely everyone agrees with the fact that pimping is unethical? Last time I checked it was also illegal.
    Maybe not in Australia though
    Nope, don't agree on that one. Provided everyone involved is involved of their own free will without exploitation, pimping is just a matter of marketing a business. (Not by any means claiming that that situation occurs often, but not unethical in and of itself).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I didn't know about the fraud. Then yes it crosses the line for me.
    http://fortune.com/2016/07/10/ashley-madison-chatbots/

Apparently now they have made it into an open dating site.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Nope, don't agree on that one. Provided everyone involved is involved of their own free will without exploitation, pimping is just a matter of marketing a business. (Not by any means claiming that that situation occurs often, but not unethical in and of itself).
    Gotta disagree there. Even though technically most prostitutes are prostituting of their own free will, most of them have some sort of problem which has lead to their prostituting (lack of money, **** family, homeless, drugs, mental health issues, body image issues). I think it's bloody unethical to make money off someone exploiting another 'willing' participant like that. Pimps are slimy *********. If they wanted to be ethical they would be working for vinnies handing out care packs to the prostitutes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one (don't shot me down) worked on a live cattle ship. I must add they got first class treatment. Very precious cargo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a lawyer, everyone hates me! Seems to be an assumption that we're money hungry evil people.

I've been reading the comments:

- I worked in pubs. I had a massive ethical issue with the pokie rooms. Especially the way they fill up on dole day. I got fired from a few for saying things to customers. I'm not good at keeping my mouth shut. Eg. One guy came in every night for a week and got plastered from his mates shouting him beers to celebrate his new baby coming home. On the last night when he arrived and told me once again about his new baby I asked if it occurred to him that he go home instead of to the pub. I didn't get any shifts there after that.

- I think our servicemen and women are generally strong, brave people who join up because they believe in what they are fighting for. I have a huge amount of respect for these people, even if I don't agree with them on the reasons why we fight. However, I know one person in the airforce that I do have an ethical problem with. He joined up because he loves flying planes. Only that reason. It's like the possibility that he may have to kill someone he can't even see is immaterial to him. Because he wants to fly planes. I have a problem with that.