+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I unfollow anyone who posts too many inspirational memes. They're boring and annoying.

Honestly though? Most of the people I've unfollowed have been pregnant or constantly posting about their babies. After suffering the loss of my little boy, I felt like my entire newsfeed was full of ultrasound pictures and happy families. The ones who complained about pregnancy or young kids were the worst. I would feel sick and start hyperventilating every time I looked at them.

I didn't unfriend because I was hoping I wouldn't always feel like that.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (09-10-2016),Summer  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often think I will delete someone but then I feel bad so I unfollow them.
    I don't have people I don't talk to, however, if I see someone and they just walk past, then I feel fine deleting them.
    I have a 'friend' (who is actually DH's friend) since he got married they have a joint FB, which I find annoying in it self. The wife uses it mostly from what I can tell, and she very rarely will like any of my posts, before I regularly liked her posts of their child, however, she'll generally only like mine if I tag dh, I find it so strange and irritating, but I feel bad deleting her, I don't know what I'd say to someone in irl after deleting them, feels so awkward.

On the other hand I have a group of people who when I post I choose for them not to see, so maybe it would just be easier if I learnt to delete!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Unfollowing friends on FB

I've only unfollowed a tiny number of people. I've only got 119 Facebook friends, and I must be really lucky because I can't think of anyone on my list who posts too much sh/t. There's one woman who I used to work with who is slightly right wing bogan, but I actually like her as a person after having worked with her over a year and she doesn't post *too* often so I let it slide.
    I don't think I'm currently unfollowing anyone, actually.

Oh and I wouldn't have a clue if anyone is unfollowing me, I don't expect every friend to 'like' my pics/posts so I have no clue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I "hide" a lot of things such as animal cruelty or sick/injured/deceased children but I haven't unfollowed anyone for years. I've deleted a few though. I did unfollow a friend for a while as she was extremely anti caesarean and anti formula and posted articles etc constantly. Things are better now though.

I too hate the party plan stuff clogging up my feed. Expect Tupperware. I love Tupperware lol.

I block every game that I get requests for so I hardly get any games/games requests in my feed now.

I have my suspicions that I've been unfollowed by a few. I do post a fair bit but it's usually cats, funny memes and my life lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I recently unfollowed a friend who posted a fake pregnancy post. You know the joke ones about being pregnant but it's fake .. honestly to me that is disgusting as there are couples out there who can't fall pregnant or suffer multiple losses like I did .. it's just really bad taste and I think a 40 + yr old lady would have better things to do

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

ShannyAnny  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oops, well I must be just awful at FB then.
    I've unfollowed most people.
    To me it's just too chaotic and noisy to hear everyone's daily breakdown when in real life you wouldn't see those people for weeks or months at a time.
    I keep my news feed for family back home, and very close friends. That way it doesn't annoy me to pop on there.
    If I think of a friend then I might pop over to their page and send them a little private message much like I would pick up the phone if FB didn't exist.

At the other end of the stick I don't hound people with posts either.
    I have my settings for photos and posts to go to a small few who are trusted friends and family who would interact with me a lot.

There's a few people I have on there that I was quite close to at one time or another but if we haven't spoke in a year or so then I don't bombard them with photos. If they get in touch again I add them to the list.
    Just makes sense (in my head space) to handle my FB the way I handle real life.
    I don't like too many people around me and the thoughts of broadcasting to a huge audience scares me.

I should add, I don't delete people.
    Friendships ebb and flow, deleting is harsh unless they're a total tool and luckily I don't have any of those added
    Last edited by Phony; 09-10-2016 at 11:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep! One of my friends does Norwex and she lives 3 hours away. She got annoyed with me when she asked if she could have a Norwex party at my house and I said no because I have a cleaner so I don't clean my own house. Not long after, she posted this on fb lol Attachment 84869

Another friend of mine selling oils and quit her job. She's really pushy on fb, text and irl
    Gee talk about a guilt trip. I notice how all the examples she gave were struggling parents and not people saving for a holiday or new shoes. If I had a business (and I have in the past) I would not want my family and friends buying things off me because they feel guilty buying an alternative product that they actually want.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep! One of my friends does Norwex and she lives 3 hours away. She got annoyed with me when she asked if she could have a Norwex party at my house and I said no because I have a cleaner so I don't clean my own house. Not long after, she posted this on fb lol Attachment 84869

Another friend of mine selling oils and quit her job. She's really pushy on fb, text and irl
    Ohhh I don't like this passive aggressive post either, but we own a business and only a few of our friends have supported it (with hefty discounts too), we've given vouchers to friends, offered appts when they come up unexpectedly and none of our friends take them up, so I do understand where your friend may feel unsupported. Ironically, one of my friends who has NEVER supported our business in the 2 years we've owned it constantly pushes Tupperware on to me since she took it up 2 months ago. I used to feel guilty when we couldn't afford it etc but now I don't after realising she won't support our business even if it costs her nothing but an hour (we own a health related relaxation business).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrlab View Post
    Ohhh I don't like this passive aggressive post either, but we own a business and only a few of our friends have supported it (with hefty discounts too), we've given vouchers to friends, offered appts when they come up unexpectedly and none of our friends take them up, so I do understand where your friend may feel unsupported. Ironically, one of my friends who has NEVER supported our business in the 2 years we've owned it constantly pushes Tupperware on to me since she took it up 2 months ago. I used to feel guilty when we couldn't afford it etc but now I don't after realising she won't support our business even if it costs her nothing but an hour (we own a health related relaxation business).
    Can I be your friend? Trade you for free range eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've unfollowed my aunt because she shares 20,000 adoption dogs posts from shelters all across Australia and it was clogging up my newsfeed. I also unfollowed an aunt-in law because she was going through a messy divorce and would constantly post awful things about her soon to be ex husband (DHs uncle) and it made me feel really sad because her teenage children were her fb friends and they could see her trashing his reputation publicly.

I have deleted a few people but mainly because we never liked or commented on each other's stuff, only once have a deleted someone in anger and it was my childhood friend but I had to get her out of my life because she was completely toxic.

I wouldn't have a clue if people have unfollowed me, totes not interested in that side of things.