+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I deleted someone I went to school with because she messaged me at least once a week asking me to have a Tupperware party

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I am really opposed to being "sold to", so even if I really really do want the product, I would automatically say no anyway as I can't stand being pushed.
    I always get invited to these parties online (wtf, they don't even make the effort to come to your house anymore?!) and I always decline. Stop selling me your crap. I am quite brutally honest about it too. Have upset a few people. One girl wouldn't take the hint with some weight loss shake thing. I ended up blasting her in a PM to just leave me the hell alone.

And as for that post above (I forgot to quote) with the screenshot of the if your friend owns a business you would shop there type deal, well no. Friends don't financially exploit friends. What gives any of my friends the right to tell me what to buy? That status would be more than enough to make me just outright delete them.

Also, what is MLM or whatever it is? Never heard of it
    It's multi level marketing and despite some people denying it, they're pretty much just pyramid schemes.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-10-2016),VicPark  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep! One of my friends does Norwex and she lives 3 hours away. She got annoyed with me when she asked if she could have a Norwex party at my house and I said no because I have a cleaner so I don't clean my own house. Not long after, she posted this on fb lol Attachment 84869

Another friend of mine selling oils and quit her job. She's really pushy on fb, text and irl
    Passive aggressive much? Lol I've only got one friend who is in a pyramid scheme and that's enough for me!

Those pyramid schemes are freakin annoying! And when all you ever post about is Tupperware and you constantly bring Tupperware up in conversation and expect all your friends to host Tupperware parties in their homes for you.. That's taking advantage of the friendship a bit IMO.

I completely disagree about having to use the services of friends in order to be supportive. I'm a tax accountant and people ask me tax questions and business questions ALL the time. But just because that's my job doesn't mean I expect them to be my clients. And while a lot of friends and family are my clients, not all of them are and that doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't make them bad friends.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (07-10-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (07-10-2016),Stretched  (07-10-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah MLM gets me as well! I will go to a party if invited but I don't do these online parties, no way.

I went to a norwex one recently and was made to feel so guilty for only buying one thing - a $35 cloth! Literally couldn't afford any of the overpriced products but was trying to be supportive. Bridge burned folks!

I have a friend is a Tupperware lady and while I haven't unfollowed her, I don't engage with any plasticware posts anymore and I'm more Likely to say no to attending any of her events now too as they often end up in a spruik fest...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Yeah MLM gets me as well! I will go to a party if invited but I don't do these online parties, no way.

I went to a norwex one recently and was made to feel so guilty for only buying one thing - a $35 cloth! Literally couldn't afford any of the overpriced products but was trying to be supportive. Bridge burned folks!

I have a friend is a Tupperware lady and while I haven't unfollowed her, I don't engage with any plasticware posts anymore and I'm more Likely to say no to attending any of her events now too as they often end up in a spruik fest...
    Ugh, I hate the pressure to buy when you can't afford it or don't want anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've unfollowed people for various reasons but not dissimilar reasons to what others have already stated. When people start to constantly post annoying things like game posts or constantly harping on about one particular thing, I unfollow.

I do delete here and there but not too often. Last time I deleted was when I saw a Facebook friend out in public but they passed me by without even a hello nod. Why be friends then? Deleted.

I often prefer the unfollow method as I don't really want to hurt feelings without a solid reason.

How do I feel about being unfollowed? Generally I wouldn't know if I have but I have one person as a 'friend' because she is the partner of a lifelong friend. She never likes or comments on photos of DS despite us constantly being supportive of her Dd who was born one month after our DS, we went through pregnancy together and were quite close during that time. I suspect there's some jealousy or something, she's quite immature at times. Meh. I assume she's unfollowed us and encouraged her partner to do the same (this is dp's lifelong 'best mate') but that's their prerogative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I got deleted by a family member - she got the sads on with me so deleted me. Then tried to tell me her Facebook has a glitch - again seeing as it wasn't the first time. I haven't added her back - mine must have the same glitch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How do you raise someone's annoyingness with them? Genuinely interested
    Depends on the person. I usually do it in person- hey why do you share so much about xyz? ... it makes me feel abc ... would you mind blocking me from the posts?

Or something similar by private message if I don't see them much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I unfollowed DH's niece because she was posting every 5 minutes during the school holidays and taking over my news feed.

I went through a stage of deleting anyone that posted photos of spiders

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    I have unfollowed a family friend who I actually really like, but she constantly posts photos of animals being treated cruelly etc. She's an animal lover so gets fired up and feels the need to share. I can't stand looking at those kind of pictures, sends my anxiety through the roof.

I also recently unfollowed another family friend who shares a gazillion things on her newsfeed. I lost patience with it one day and clicked the button.
    I've done this as well. Especially since being pregnant, I tend to get even more emotional over the animal cruelty posts and can't get them out of my mind, so I've had to unfollow a few people who post about it constantly. But they're still friends and I wouldn't want to delete them altogether. I still sometimes talk to them on FB messenger etc.

Also, family who are just plain annoying on FB but I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by actually unfriending them.