+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Unfollowing friends on FB

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    OMG BRV, emotional blackmail much?! Dusk and Napoleon Purdis don't harrass people to have annoying parties and spam their walls and the local buy and sell. They also charge comparatively well for the product! I'm sorry but Scentsy charging 60 bucks for a tea light candle burner? And I looked at Norwex recently. They are just vitamins marked up about 300% from those at the supermarket or chemist warehouse!

It's not my job to put her kids through uni, it's hers. Maybe if she stopped doing these stupid 'business' ventures and put those hours into a paid jobs she could afford it!
    I know. And I LOL at the Thermo one. She's got a Thermo. Doesn't she remember how expensive they are? But I didn't mind the Thermo party as I got to eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    OMG BRV, emotional blackmail much?! Dusk and Napoleon Purdis don't harrass people to have annoying parties and spam their walls and the local buy and sell. They also charge comparatively well for the product! I'm sorry but Scentsy charging 60 bucks for a tea light candle burner? And I looked at Norwex recently. They are just vitamins marked up about 300% from those at the supermarket or chemist warehouse!

It's not my job to put her kids through uni, it's hers. Maybe if she stopped doing these stupid 'business' ventures and put those hours into a paid jobs she could afford it!
    Just want to add that wasn't actually her post, but she shared it and deleted my comment when I said some of them are just pyramid schemes that I don't want to be part of

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've unfollowed a relative of a friend. I've deleted her a couple of times but she keeps adding me, she uses her personal page to promote her businesses but pushes a little too hard for me to join so I'd rather not see the posts
    Unsure if anyone has unfollowed me, but I honestly don't care. I regularly cull so only really have people if I talk to them when I ran into them. If I put my head down and keep going, I don't need them on fb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've unfollowed family members whose posts trigger my anxiety for various reasons, so I can still go to their page and look at their posts if I'm feeling up to it.
    I think the last person I unfollowed was a guy I used to work with, who posted constantly promoting his band - which wouldn't be so bad, except when everyone got a bit sick of it or ran out of encouraging things to say, he became intensely depressed and would post status updates about how he was trying his best and felt let down by people not supporting his band.

I unfollow rather than delete because I think what if I change my mind down the track? Deleting someone is a level of commitment I'm not ready for

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I recently added a new Facebook friend and all of a sudden I'm receiving invites to scentsy parties from a friend of theirs! I didn't even know that was possible. It's all fine, I just messaged her, wished her luck with her business and said I have no interest in the products so could she not invite me to anymore events. She was fine.
    But the whole promotion of MLM on Facebook is out of control. It was only a matter of time I guess!
    I unfollow a couple of people who just post heaps of stuff that I have no interest in. I'm interested in them, just not some of this stuff.
    Also I've unfollowed a couple of family members.
    Why don't I just delete them? Sometimes it will cause hassles. Other time it's a me thing and not really about them so I unfollow and can check them out on my own terms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand all the "I can't delete that person, she is family" pfft. Who cares if it starts an argument. They have a right to post whatever they want on their wall and you have the right to have whoever you want on yours.
    I find that the people I delete the most are either the ones I have nothing to do with (don't talk to, comment, general interact on or off fb) or the annoying ones.
    I have only just recently unfollowed a couple of people because I still like them and we are friend irl but they have annoyed me atm. I will follow them again once I get over my little tanty haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Exactly this!! I have a really good friend whose recently started one of these 'businesses', I haven't bought anything or held a party though she keeps asking and insinuating. She's started posting passive aggressive things on FB similar to the one here about 'supporting your friends'. It's so annoying, and I think it's directed at me. I feel like saying guess what times are tough for us too, I don't have the money to buy random crap just for the hell of it and it's not my job to finance your life. I feel like unfollowing but she's actually a really close friend and it would be super awkward.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People i unfollow:

People who constantly post those rubbish motivatinal posters / fake quotes or whatever; and

people who constantly post abour running and crossfit etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Exactly this!! I have a really good friend whose recently started one of these 'businesses', I haven't bought anything or held a party though she keeps asking and insinuating. She's started posting passive aggressive things on FB similar to the one here about 'supporting your friends'. It's so annoying, and I think it's directed at me. I feel like saying guess what times are tough for us too, I don't have the money to buy random crap just for the hell of it and it's not my job to finance your life. I feel like unfollowing but she's actually a really close friend and it would be super awkward.
    I am really opposed to being "sold to", so even if I really really do want the product, I would automatically say no anyway as I can't stand being pushed.
    I always get invited to these parties online (wtf, they don't even make the effort to come to your house anymore?!) and I always decline. Stop selling me your crap. I am quite brutally honest about it too. Have upset a few people. One girl wouldn't take the hint with some weight loss shake thing. I ended up blasting her in a PM to just leave me the hell alone.

And as for that post above (I forgot to quote) with the screenshot of the if your friend owns a business you would shop there type deal, well no. Friends don't financially exploit friends. What gives any of my friends the right to tell me what to buy? That status would be more than enough to make me just outright delete them.

Also, what is MLM or whatever it is? Never heard of it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Unfollowing friends on FB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast