+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I unfollowed my dh. He uses facebook to discuss/share sports news with his sports mad friends.

I dont notice who doesnt like/comment on my stuff as i rarely post anything. I only use facebook for the facebook groups i am in, networking for work and to keep in touch with family and friends overseas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Ugh Isagenix, Arbonne, It works! These things make my eye twitch
    Lol. I came back in to post that I forgot that I've unfollowed a few evangelical MLM disciples! "It's awesome! I have so much energy I don't need my morning coffee!" (Checks ingredients) ummm.. You do realise that's because it has 3x the caffeine of a cup of coffee? (Facepalm)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have been on both sides with one friend.
    Her post were annoying but were really upseting dd so i unfollwed her during dd visit.
    Than a few months later i called out another person on a racist meme and she taught i waa talking about her and took offence and unfollowes me
    Since ahe post 3 or 4 things a day it was really noticed. A few months later a few select posts appeared. Gradually she has gone backnto almoat normal. Since havent seen each other in a long time in real life. I just didnt let it bother me.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 06-10-2016 at 20:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I delete.
    If they are annoying enough to consider unfollowing, I talk to them about it. Then I delete, if necessary.
    How do you raise someone's annoyingness with them? Genuinely interested

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unfollowing friends on FB

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

On the flipside, do you notice that people on your list literally never interact with your statuses ever? Not so much as a like, which is a sure sign they have you on unfollow/ Especially when you see they are on 5 mins after you've posted, commenting on someone else's status but never yours?

If so, why do you keep them on your list if they have consciously chosen to not want to see your life?
    Valid questions that I'm grappling with. I recently joined Facebook.

I accepted requests from people who I know vaguely, like colleagues and cousins, but aren't my friends (actually to be honest I have about 4 friends), and I have nothing to do with, for fear of offending them. I don't know WHY they wanted to even be my friend if they aren't my friend and we don't even read/like each other's posts.

I find it all very baffling and the politics overwhelming.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've unfollowed family members because of their racist posts. It's just less drama to unfollow, rather than delete.

I've also unfollowed people that are part of MLM/pyramid schemes. That stuff aside, I like them, so I just unfollow and check back occasionally to see if they've seen the light yet so that I can follow them again.

I haven't noticed if anyone has unfollowed me, but I do tend to cull regularly, so it's unlikely I would have fb friends that I don't interact with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Ugh Isagenix, Arbonne, It works! These things make my eye twitch
    Yep! One of my friends does Norwex and she lives 3 hours away. She got annoyed with me when she asked if she could have a Norwex party at my house and I said no because I have a cleaner so I don't clean my own house. Not long after, she posted this on fb lol IMG_1475752417.326831.jpg

Another friend of mine selling oils and quit her job. She's really pushy on fb, text and irl

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually think Facebook is one of the worst things that came into our lives and often question my reasons for staying. I have around 140 family/friends. Many I have unfollowed due to oversharing, contents butterbox rants vague booking or the whole look how great my life/child/whatever is after just texting me about how bad said thing was.

What I really dislike is that the people I have are supposedly good friends and family, yet my posts are often not acknowledged and when I launched my business a few weeks ago less than half of my friends liked my page or shared it - including my mother in law!

It's like the cool group at school and I still can't crack it and make friends or have my few and far between posts just liked by family, I get friends can be busy but this business thing had really opened my eyes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Lol. I came back in to post that I forgot that I've unfollowed a few evangelical MLM disciples! "It's awesome! I have so much energy I don't need my morning coffee!" (Checks ingredients) ummm.. You do realise that's because it has 3x the caffeine of a cup of coffee? (Facepalm)
    Oh I questioned my isagenix friend once if it was some pyramid scheme and she shut it down pretty quickly and PM me some link to explain and I was like, yep, so some pyramid scheme lol

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (06-10-2016),Stretched  (07-10-2016),VicPark  (06-10-2016),witherwings  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    OMG BRV, emotional blackmail much?! Dusk and Napoleon Purdis don't harrass people to have annoying parties and spam their walls and the local buy and sell. They also charge comparatively well for the product! I'm sorry but Scentsy charging 60 bucks for a tea light candle burner? And I looked at Norwex recently. They are just vitamins marked up about 300% from those at the supermarket or chemist warehouse!

It's not my job to put her kids through uni, it's hers. Maybe if she stopped doing these stupid 'business' ventures and put those hours into a paid jobs she could afford it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (06-10-2016),MissMuppet  (09-10-2016)