+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have unfollowed a family friend who I actually really like, but she constantly posts photos of animals being treated cruelly etc. She's an animal lover so gets fired up and feels the need to share. I can't stand looking at those kind of pictures, sends my anxiety through the roof.

I also recently unfollowed another family friend who shares a gazillion things on her newsfeed. I lost patience with it one day and clicked the button.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I delete.
    If they are annoying enough to consider unfollowing, I talk to them about it. Then I delete, if necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have unfollowed some family members who post crap. I don't delete because sometimes I'll go in and see the cute pica of their kids.

I have deleted people I don't have much contact or people who paste stuff I don't like.

Some people don't really interact with me but I still want to be able to see their Facebook page so I keep being friends with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've unfollowed people for the following reasons:

*oversharing (whether it's posting 50 photos a day or constant status updates or sharing things from other pages constantly that just clog up my feed)

*people that post too much negative stuff or just complain all the time about everything

*people that only ever post memes. And nothing else.

*people that share news stories or images from other pages that I wish my eyes can un-see such as dead children or tortured animals

*people who post (what I believe to be) red-neck comments that I find offensive. Sometimes I will unfriend them but if we have a number of mutual friends, that would make things awkward.

As for people unfollowing me, I don't notice it at all. I have plenty of friends and family on Facebook that I don't "like" everything they post, and I don't expect everyone I know to like my updates either, so if someone NEVER comments or likes my updates or photos, that doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I don't notice it in any case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I unfollowed my Aunty about 12 months ago because she often posted anti-Muslim stuff. I found the material highly offensive as I live in an area with a lot of Muslims and as a result, I have many Muslim friends and find those attitudes really distressing and upsetting. I called her on one of her posts snd she PM me saying that if I didn't agree with her that I just shouldn't respond as it's her wall to post whatever she wants and I said that I would not ignore her posts and that if she puts up offensive opinions then I will challenge her and then she said she wouldn't share stuff with me anymore so I unfollowed her. Then my cousin (same aunty's daughter) told me off for offending her mum so I unfollowed her too. This was my favourite Aunty growing up and I still feel awkward thinking about it but I couldn't ignore it any longer...what's that old saying...something about staying silent... If you are neutral in times of injustice you side with the oppressor! I couldn't unfriend as it would be awkward for my family.

I also unfollowed a really good friend of mine from high school for a while because she was constantly promoting isagenix but wasn't telling anyone what it was so people would ask her. I couldn't unfriend her as we have been friends since high school and I left high school over 20 years ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've unfollowed or deleted people for things such as racist memes, boundless posts promoting network marketing schemes (how I feel about network marketing crap is a whole other thread) pro guns in the USA, conspiracy theorists, too many animal cruelty memes...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I unfollowed my Aunty about 12 months ago because she often posted anti-Muslim stuff. I found the material highly offensive as I live in an area with a lot of Muslims and as a result, I have many Muslim friends and find those attitudes really distressing and upsetting. I called her on one of her posts snd she PM me saying that if I didn't agree with her that I just shouldn't respond as it's her wall to post whatever she wants and I said that I would not ignore her posts and that if she puts up offensive opinions then I will challenge her and then she said she wouldn't share stuff with me anymore so I unfollowed her. Then my cousin (same aunty's daughter) told me off for offending her mum so I unfollowed her too. This was my favourite Aunty growing up and I still feel awkward thinking about it but I couldn't ignore it any longer...what's that old saying...something about staying silent... If you are neutral in times of injustice you side with the oppressor! I couldn't unfriend as it would be awkward for my family.

I also unfollowed a really good friend of mine from high school for a while because she was constantly promoting isagenix but wasn't telling anyone what it was so people would ask her. I couldn't unfriend her as we have been friends since high school and I left high school over 20 years ago

Ugh Isagenix, Arbonne, It works! These things make my eye twitch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I deleted FB because I felt a) it was a time waster, b) it only shows the thing about peoples lives they want you to see, c) I acutally see my 'friends' IRL and d) I dont have the time or need to live vicaruosly. Not b*tchy or jealous, just honestly not interested 😁

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have unfollowed a racist uncle who I can't delete because of the whole family thing.

I'm considering a big friend cull in the near future. People who don't interact with my posts (not all, I do share a lot of photos) at all but I can see are frequently active on mutual friends posts and stuff like that.

I'm sure others think it's petty but meh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I unfollow so many people, family members who post games, quizzes etc that annoys me, my in law family who I can't really be bothered with but can't delete without upsetting people

I especially unfollow people who are into pyramid schemes and are always trying to recruit or sell things on their page. I had a girl who was selling younique and she was putting up tutorials of her using the makeup she was selling. Every. Single. Day. Only problem was is she was utterly crap at applying make up