+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It wouldnt even cross my radar as being something i could do. So No, not okay in my books.
    I don't leave my Asd kid in charge and she is 15. So that might colour decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not okay. Even without asd, and the most responsible 9 year old ever. It's not okay. If I can't get out to exercise and need to exercise I get up and utilise our back yard to do some exercise (squats, short sprints, lunges, push ups, ab's etc). I would not leave my kids at home at those ages...but a walk especially, just take the kids with you when they're awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope. The max my 9yr old is left home alone is if I have to quickly pop down to woolies as I give him the choice as to whether he wants to come or not as I am gone no longer than 20mins(we lock the doors, he just plays on his iPad or watches tv but has my mobile number and I always call him while I am gone and when I am just about home). I have a lot of trust in him but he would be quite upset to wake up and see I wasn't home if I did that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 9 year old, 7 year old and 3 year old (and a 5 year old) and would definitely not be leaving them home alone asleep or not, ASD or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh no

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. I don't think it's ok.

Can maybe understand if you needed to nip out for an emergency but a walk, no way!

Actually, second thoughts. I would just wake them up if it was an emergency and take them with me.

You just never know who's around, house fire, kids get up and get hurt etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    And what if you got hit by a car while out on your walk.. You're dead or unconscious and no one knows that you have left your children home alone, so no one knows to check on them..

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, NOT a good idea at all.....

When they wake up take them with you and go for a walk.

GOD forbid is something happened to either of them, you would never forgive yourself... Not worth the risk
    Or train in your backyard while they are asleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, not ok at all!

Regardless of the ASD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it was just the 9 and 6 I would do it at my place. It would depend so much on the circumstances.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-10-2016)