+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weaning off progesterone pessaries.

I was just wondering at what gestation people were weaned off progesterone pessaries?
    I'm 11 weeks and only have two pessaries left in this pack, I usually take two a day. I can't get anymore until tomorrow, possibly Friday so the receptionist at the OB office has told me to take one tonight and one tomorrow night then just stick to one each night with the new box as the OB will want me to wean off anyway.
    I'm just worried it's too early?
    I've had two miscarriages this year at around 6 weeks so am a but anxious in stopping anything that could be helping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hard to tell Hun. It will depend why you were put on them in the first place. With me I'll be on them the whole pregnancy but that's because A I'm an IVF patient and have it from the start & B to prevent preterm birth again (my 6yo was born at 25 weeks) so need to be on it to make 3rd trimester.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

Em9  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weaning off progesterone pessaries.

I stopped just after 12 weeks. went through ivf and had a previous miscarriage so was very nervous but apparently at 12 weeks your placenta takes over and produces everything it needs to.. that is the reasoning given to me when I was told to stop. Maybe just confirm with your doctor tomorrow?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

Em9  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor isn't back until next week, she has school holidays off lol.
    I will have to take one only for the next two nights as that all I have left but might keep going with two after that lol. I have my 12 wk scan next week and then see her the week after so will find out then I suppose! So tricky!! I was basically put on them because they didn't know why I miscarried twice (I have a 2 y.o DS). So I'm on progesterone and aspirin to cover all bases.
    The lady on the phone said I can take them until 14 weeks, the script I have is for 3 boxes so I might as well use them all which will take me until about then. They're so expensive I'd hate for them not to be used lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob put me on them until 16 weeks due to a previous miscarriage. I have a feeling it was to put my nerves at ease more than anything else but I went with it anyway!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NicT For This Useful Post:

Em9  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my new pessaries today and they are different to the ones I had previously been using. I was using oripro before but these ones have been made by the compound chemist so arent a brand. I'm assuming/hoping they're the same! I took two tonight! I'll ring OB Monday and ask the midwife whether to take one or two. Will take two over weekend to be safe lol