+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleeping on back?

Hi,
    Just wondering when I need to stop sleeping on my back? I have been because i am struggling with morning sickness late at night. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rej82,

After 20 or so weeks in pregnancy you should start sleeping on the left hand side so you can reduce pressure on the organs and improve your bloodflow etc...

One way to help with morning sickness is NOT to lie down straight after having meals.
    Also try lifting your upper body a little with use of the pillows when going to sleep so it improves your digestion and reduces acid reflux..

hope this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ILKANDMT For This Useful Post:

Rej82  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your body will tell you when to stop lying on your back. For me it was about 26 weeks. You would probably be fine all the way through if you prop yourself up with pillows enough.
    Good advice from pp about elevating your head, also consider taking an antacid cos it could be heartburn/reflux/indigestion causing your nausea. At this stage your stomach starts to get squished by baby & acid reflux can be pretty bad.
    Try gaviscon or mylanta liquid first, then maybe talk to your Dr about Zantac if the first ones help but you need something longer lasting.

Similar Threads

1. Sleeping - help!
    By Minib in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 15-07-2016, 00:00
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-06-2016, 15:57
  3. Back to work - 6 month old unpredictable sleeping
    By Fi Poledancer in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 15:45