+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fertility for second child

Hey everyone
    I was wondering if anyone out there experienced a natural conception for their second child after having their first through IVF/other treatments? I have issues with my cycle due to over training and am currently pregnant. I'd like two kiddies but don't really want to go down the IVF road again... love to hear some stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @mrsh1984, yes, I did! I experienced a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in me losing a tube. After checking my remaining tube and discovering it was blocked, I proceeded to IVF. ( I also had a low amh). I did three cycles of IVF before falling pregnant with my DD who is now almost 4. When she was 15 months I went to have a hysterosalpingram to check the patency of my remaining tube, in case it had unblocked. I wanted to do this before deciding whether we try to conceive naturally or go straight to IVF for trying for our second baby. Amazingly, the tube was completely clear! I was still breastfeeding, but stopped at 16 months to give us our best chance to conceive naturally. Absolutely incredibly, I conceived naturally the next cycle, after only one 'go'!!! My DD2 is now 20 months!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TreeGirl that gives me hope!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for posting to this question as it gives me the hope I needed. I have been a mess. I just wanted to say a big thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    Thank you for posting to this question as it gives me the hope I needed. I have been a mess. I just wanted to say a big thank you.
    Hope you are ok. Our IVF Bub is due in a few months and I don't want to have to go through that process again (but I probably will if I have to). Hopefully our bodies reset!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have friends who conceived twins via IVF then 3 months after they were born a surprise natural bub was conceived.

This pregnancy is the first time I have conceived naturally & my last pregnancy was conceived by IVF. My previous 2 (1st ended in m/c) were conceived via IUI with Clomid.

So yes it is possible. Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story is a little different but yes definitely possible! We were TTC for 2 years before commencing IVF. I did 4 stim cycles and 3 FET’s over 4 years. We had success on my 5th transfer (fet), used one embryo but it split! Sadly we lost our twin girls at 17 weeks due to TTTS.

I was just about to start my 8th cycle when I conceived naturally. DD is now 2 yrs old. When she was 7 months I conceived naturally again with DS. Complete utter shock as we weren't ttc and I honestly thought I'd never conceive naturally again. Miracles do happen <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I conceived naturally first time, 4 stims and 8 transfers to get DS2 then unexpectedly fell with DS3 naturally at 42. So it definitely can happen! Fertility is such a strange beast - We only know so much. Best of luck.