+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Neocate families

I'm am about to start my little boy on neocate and I'm just wanting to hear from other mums what your bubs symptoms were that caused u to start using neocate and what the results were and how long before u saw them. I guess in short I'm looking for other families experiences using neocate. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started my daughter on Neocate. She is 5.5mths old but was born 7 weeks early. She has always been gassy and has runny poos but was put on a prescription formula in special care at about 2 weeks old....she improved instantly but was never 'normal'. So we decided to try Neocate and so far she has been much less gassy and a lot happier but she still has runny poos daily. She has been on it for just over 2 weeks now so I'm hoping with a bit more time her poos will get better too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, should have said she has always been a very unsettled Bub and the neocate has def improved her in that regard. Also as a newborn in special care she vomited a lot and now she never vomits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Neocate changedmy life Pre neocate, when I was breastfeeding, my baby cried (no, SCREAMED) 8+ hours a day, vomited 60+ times a day and pooed liquid 20+ times a day. She was extremely unhappy, and was very weak. Neocate made her a 'normal' baby. So much happier and so much healthier. I honestly dont know how either one of us would have gone on without it. All th best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Neocate families

This may be another option for me

DS2 is 12 wks old today. Was born via c-sec 3 wks early.

He is unsettled during the day to get to have a nap but night time he's out for up to 9 hrs at a time.

Had him at his paed last week. He thinks he may have a dairy intolerance so recommended nutrica soy (that was a disaster. 1 bottle & $33 in the bin). Second option was nutrica allerpro which I think is similar to neocate ? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Paed said to me it can take 3-30 days to clear up their bowels if it is a dairy intolerance

He has been gassy and sticky poops on and off. Today we had 4 regular BF (I mix feed) poops followed by 5 sticky gassy green/yellow poops.

We are sending a sample to clinpath to make sure there isn't anything else going on

I'm also on a dairy free diet as of last week aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allerpro is an extensively broken down formula that is cows milk based. Neocate is fully synthetic formula....no cows milk protein.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for crashing the thread.
    @babybeeno1: saw your post on the other thread. this our brief story....I wish we had the gut to try a different formula earlier or find a different dr sooner. We went through 3 paeds, 6 appts. No one was helping. we solved the problem ourselves in the end. Actually, HA and Allepro made thing worse for ds. We didn't even get to half a tin on allerpro. Stuck it out with HA for 4 weeks because of the dr suggestion. Normal formula was no go in the end because his digestive system was completely messed up. Lactose free is the answer. All Drs say it is secondary and didn't suggest it in the first place. I don't really care. It solvedour problem 6 months later. He was such a happy baby without the constant stomach pain and gas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kit84 @ bbhope

Thank you so much for that. Our paed is the one who suggested it as the intolerance hasn't been confirmed yet just a suspicion. Soy if that didn't work the allerpro if that didn't work then a script. The chemist gave me a probiotic incase and she had even heard of our paed (we where 100km from home) he's pretty well regarded as a others on here have him aswell for the kids.

I'll ring him during the day and speak to him about this.

I've just gone on trust with his experience as DS1 was all breast then straight to cows milk DS2 is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babybeeno1: Yes, better than our first paed (hospital one) who is all about PURPLE crying! Such a waste of time and $$. We travelled 1 hr each way just to see him. He also missed the tongue tie diagnosis and we ended up fixing it when DS was 5 months.

Anyway, be aware of long term use of soy product on boys. One of the drs didn't think soy would solve our problem because 90% babies with cow milk protein allergy also allergic to soy protein. It is really worth giving a go. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To OP: everytime my DS was on special formula (HA, allerpro), he got hungry quite quickly. It didn't last 3 hrs....3 hrs would be pushing.