+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Yep - she did mention it somewhere in the blog. She is 32 weeks pregnant there.
    Eta. She is yet again in The Daily Mail. An article from yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default The Sisterhood

I completely agree with everything she said in her blog.

I would LOVE though to ask her if she thinks she would be where she is in life if she was still in Perth, didn't marry a footballer and wasn't genetically blessed with skiny and pretty genes.

I'm not sure what answer I would expect, but I do often ponder, how much does a persons appearance influence the opportunities they are given in life.

I think it's a big influence especially in media and celebrity realms.

I'm inclined to say she would be a practicing speech pathologist and mother, but I'm happy to be challenged on that thought, as I've not really given it a lot of thought but that is my instant feeling. Clearly no one actually knows but I think it's another relevant discussion.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 06-10-2016 at 14:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Neither. My recollection was she posted a photo when she was pregnant and was criticised for being too thin.

Vicpark you show your bias in your posts. Did you even read her blog?

Here you go:

http://www.rebeccajuddloves.com/2014/10/30/omg-eat/

Worth reading.
    Love the blog! At the end of the day, selfies aside, it's about women judging women. Because she is of a certain body type and taking photos, she is dubbed a bad role model. A previous post mentioned men allowing women to vote... Oh quite the contrary!!! That was initiated by the suffragettes a group of women rallying together until they changed the laws. See what can happen when we rally together and support one another. It's ok to have a belief, I just dislike when it becomes so personal. And body image aside I think it's great that she promotes a healthy lifestyle. Evidence shows us that Obesity is one of the biggest killers currently in Australia. Using your passion to promote awareness is amazing regardless of your body type. I think she is a Queen 💪🏻

And just for the record I'm not a selfie taker, haven't taken one in my life!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (06-10-2016),atomicmama  (06-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    Love the blog! At the end of the day, selfies aside, it's about women judging women. Because she is of a certain body type and taking photos, she is dubbed a bad role model. A previous post mentioned men allowing women to vote... Oh quite the contrary!!! That was initiated by the suffragettes a group of women rallying together until they changed the laws. See what can happen when we rally together and support one another. It's ok to have a belief, I just dislike when it becomes so personal. And body image aside I think it's great that she promotes a healthy lifestyle. Evidence shows us that Obesity is one of the biggest killers currently in Australia. Using your passion to promote awareness is amazing regardless of your body type. I think she is a Queen

And just for the record I'm not a selfie taker, haven't taken one in my life!
    I was going to comment on that voting comment too! Fairly certain it was a whole lot of women banding together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    Because she is of a certain body type and taking photos, she is dubbed a bad role model. !
    For the 50,000,000 time - Judd is being judged as a bad role model because she (whether it is intentional or not) encourages other women to focus their self worth on their physical appearance. She's not being judged as a bad role model because of her body type or that she is taking photos (she's judges separately as a knob for the later).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default The Sisterhood

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Neither. My recollection was she posted a photo when she was pregnant and was criticised for being too thin.

Vicpark you show your bias in your posts. Did you even read her blog?

Here you go:

http://www.rebeccajuddloves.com/2014/10/30/omg-eat/

Worth reading.
    Yes I did. First of all I LOVE the photo in the blog. It's natural and not *too* posed, she's gorgeous and not trying to flog anything.

And Judd does make some good points in the blog. However I think she has clearly missed the big picture. She shows no personal insight into how her actions are affecting other girls and women nor how they are contributing to the public firestorm she finds herself in. She complained about paparazzi pilfering her Instagram photos. Photos she PUBLICLY posted to PROMOTE herself and the causes she is paid to promote. Stubby short or a six pack.

You asked about my bias. I have to ask - you live in WA. Do you know Judd personally? you seem rather invested in this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sonja has said she has a thin daughter and would hate to see her judged the way Judd is. Which I think is a valid point and fear, why does the 'love my body' message end with women who are bigger?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Sonja has said she has a thin daughter and would hate to see her judged the way Judd is. Which I think is a valid point and fear, why does the 'love my body' message end with women who are bigger?
    For the 50,000,001 time: Not.being.judged.for.thinness.
    (Not by me anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    For the 50,000,001 time: Not.being.judged.for.thinness.
    (Not by me anyway).
    You asked why she was so interested in the topic of Judd. I answered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And yes VP, you totally chose that skinny bikini pic of her because you weren't trying to make a point about her body type.