+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First round IVF/ ICSI - ttc baby #1

Hi ladies, this is my first time posting in a forum so forgive me if I'm a little slow.

So a little about my journey... my DH (29) and I (25) had only been ttc for about 6 months when I just knew something wasn't right. We had initial health checks with Repromed Adelaide, who advised us that we would have to use ICSI to conceive.

We have recently decided to go ahead and start our first cycle of IVF in November and am looking for anyone who will be doing a cycle around the same time?

If you have any helpful information or advice about IVF, I'd love to hear it!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hon just saw that no one has replied yet. Welcome!! I would recommend joining to the Nov / Dec IVF thread which is
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=556563
    Not heaps of activity in there just yet. Lots of activity though in the Aug / Sep
    IVF group which I am in and also the Sep / Oct thread which may be helpful while you're prepping.
    After the cancellation of my first cycle in Aug due to over responding to the stims, I will now be cycling end Oct / beginning Nov so we may be close in our cycles
    Best advice I have is to read as much as you can about IVF and the success stories as well as the heartbreaking ones and be aware that your eggs are growing for 3 months before your cycle so any lifestyle changes you are looking at making, the sooner the better.
    All the best for your journey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply nettz84, I really appreciate it

How did you find the injections? I think that's what I am paranoid about. I am yet to have my initial baseline scans which are booked in for Friday, so fingers crossed all is good to go for my cycle starting early to mid Nov with transfer late Nov.

Since we found I have been researching like a mad woman! I've also found some really great "vlogs" on both instagram and YouTube.

I'm hoping that given I'm still quite young, I'll be successful first time round. Well fingers are crossed anyway.

I've been taking elevit since march this year and regularly exercise with a good diet. Doing everything I can to make this work! Haha

All the best with your journey also! Would love to see how you go xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Meg,

You are both young and should not have any problems having a baby on the way....

Also, may I ask what was the reason that the fertility clinic recommended you to go through ICSI?

some tend to try to upsell and get you on a ivf cycle right away....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ILKANDMT

They suggested because of mfi. Basically said we have a very very low chance of conceiving naturally. We've continued trying naturally, but still nothing

Surely clinics wouldn't put couples through unnecessary stress of IVF? Terrible if they do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by megwilliams View Post
    Thanks for your reply nettz84, I really appreciate it

How did you find the injections? I think that's what I am paranoid about. I am yet to have my initial baseline scans which are booked in for Friday, so fingers crossed all is good to go for my cycle starting early to mid Nov with transfer late Nov.

Since we found I have been researching like a mad woman! I've also found some really great "vlogs" on both instagram and YouTube.

I'm hoping that given I'm still quite young, I'll be successful first time round. Well fingers are crossed anyway.

I've been taking elevit since march this year and regularly exercise with a good diet. Doing everything I can to make this work! Haha

All the best with your journey also! Would love to see how you go xx
    Ah the injections...yep I was super anxious about them too but tbh they didn't hurt at all, the needle is tiny. I don't love needles but the Gonal F pen felt like nothing at all. Having said that I only got to the stage of injecting the Gonal F (FSH) I didn't even get to the later shots (ovulation suppressant and then trigger) so can't speak for them. DP did all my shots and he was a natural! Next cycle I might need to do some myself which I think might be harder.

Good to hear you've been doing tons of research and preparing - you've got this

Like you I'm also secretly hoping for quick success but at the same time I am afraid of getting my hopes up. I know I need to be prepared for it to possibly take longer than I would like! The first setback with the cycle cancellation was a surprise so hit me quite hard but did emphasise that I need to be prepared for not everything to go smoothly. But as you say with yourself being young and healthy I am sure your chances are very good!

Hope to see you in some of the threads and I hope the time between now and early Nov goes quick for us both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    Ah the injections...yep I was super anxious about them too but tbh they didn't hurt at all, the needle is tiny. I don't love needles but the Gonal F pen felt like nothing at all. Having said that I only got to the stage of injecting the Gonal F (FSH) I didn't even get to the later shots (ovulation suppressant and then trigger) so can't speak for them. DP did all my shots and he was a natural! Next cycle I might need to do some myself which I think might be harder.

Good to hear you've been doing tons of research and preparing - you've got this

Like you I'm also secretly hoping for quick success but at the same time I am afraid of getting my hopes up. I know I need to be prepared for it to possibly take longer than I would like! The first setback with the cycle cancellation was a surprise so hit me quite hard but did emphasise that I need to be prepared for not everything to go smoothly. But as you say with yourself being young and healthy I am sure your chances are very good!

Hope to see you in some of the threads and I hope the time between now and early Nov goes quick for us both
    I'm sorry your first cycle was cancelled. I hope you have better luck this upcoming cycle.

Thanks for the info in the injections, I know a couple of people who have been through IVF, but everyone's journey seems to be quite different!

It is hard to stay positive, because you read so many heartbreaking stories. I am absolutely paranoid of a m/c! I plan on trying to stay positive and hopeful, but also prepared for the worst.

I've subscribed to the one you suggested early so will get involved when I know a little more about when my cycle is going ahead! Can't wait to find out! Im sure the next month will fly by for both of us!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meg,

Not to worry. Everyone is paranoid about something.
    REMEMBER THAT YOU THOUGHTS AND YOUR LIFESTYLE CAN DIRECTLY AFFECT YOUR CHANCES SO STAY POSITIVE AS LONG AS YOU CAN.
    Take 1 day at a time and don't get into reading too many sad stories but concentrate what is happening at the moment.
    Make sure you check your ovaries, falopian tubes, bloods done etc before you even see Fertility Clinic and go through IVF.
    You need to know what problems you are facing first and have the necessary steps taken to make sure you have the best chance of having a healthy baby.
    As nettz said injections won't be so bad but the symptoms and extra hormones can make you go mad.
    Control your emotions and make sure your diet (especially pre-natal vitamins) you have been already taking for couple of months. IF NOT do NOt go ahead unless your diet and prenatal are in check!
    We went through 2 different IVF clinics in Sydney and have done 3 IUI and 2 IVF last including ICSI.
    Talking from experience take it easy and do think about m/c when you haven't even done the transfer or collection, so conectrate on your body and mind first.
    don't get carried away otheriwse you will have all the anxiety and stress that you don't need.
    best of luck and if you need any answers just ask

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ILKANDMT For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ILKANDMT View Post
    Hi Meg,

Not to worry. Everyone is paranoid about something.
    REMEMBER THAT YOU THOUGHTS AND YOUR LIFESTYLE CAN DIRECTLY AFFECT YOUR CHANCES SO STAY POSITIVE AS LONG AS YOU CAN.
    Take 1 day at a time and don't get into reading too many sad stories but concentrate what is happening at the moment.
    Make sure you check your ovaries, falopian tubes, bloods done etc before you even see Fertility Clinic and go through IVF.
    You need to know what problems you are facing first and have the necessary steps taken to make sure you have the best chance of having a healthy baby.
    As nettz said injections won't be so bad but the symptoms and extra hormones can make you go mad.
    Control your emotions and make sure your diet (especially pre-natal vitamins) you have been already taking for couple of months. IF NOT do NOt go ahead unless your diet and prenatal are in check!
    We went through 2 different IVF clinics in Sydney and have done 3 IUI and 2 IVF last including ICSI.
    Talking from experience take it easy and do think about m/c when you haven't even done the transfer or collection, so conectrate on your body and mind first.
    don't get carried away otheriwse you will have all the anxiety and stress that you don't need.
    best of luck and if you need any answers just ask
    Thank you for all your advice, it all really helps.

I have been preparing my body for a baby since last year in the assumption that it would happen as soon as we started trying early this year, so should be good to go!

I have a baseline scan tomorrow to make sure all is in check for me. However we will still have to use ICSI due to mfi.

Trying to stay positive and remove negative thoughts, but also want to be prepared for worst.

Have you had success using ICSI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi meg,

i just came across your post and wanted to ask how everything is going?
    i am starting IVF / ICSI in Dec /Jan at repromed also. starting to feel a little nervous and also trying really hard to block out the negative thoughts.
    much love xx