Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How's your party going??
    Fizzing out. Need somebody to come and spice it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are often out late with the kids, they don't go to bed til anywhere between 10pm and 1am anyway..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We stayed at a friends for the footy and miss 2 got very tired. She went to bed at 8.30 (an hour past her bedtime).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We'll go to my besties place each week for dinner and vice versa and to DS1 footy club for training then dinner after wards each week. DS2 even went a couple times before the season started. If the weather is the shiz we won't go out though. But notmally once a week for dinner we won't not going out just because we have kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We josh spent a week in bris with family and my kids weren't in bed till 9-10pm most nights. It was a holidays and bedtimes don't apply. My dd3 tho slept shockingly as she is little miss routine, but quite frankly I'd rather have a happy healthy social life and deal with lack of sleep than stay home all the time just for her. Once school is back the bedtimes resume normal hours and all will settle down.

Ie at Xmas time we are planning midnight mass and a New Year's Eve party. My kids will be fine. The 6&4yo will probably party till 3-4am and I will wear miss dd3 who will be 15mth old in my ergo. This way I can still dance and not miss out on that fun while she snores on me.

In my family staying home because of kids bedtime is weird. In my husbands family it's odd that we take our kids out with us.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We usually have dinner out on Fridays at family's houses. Often not home until 9ish. Our 3yo copes fine when out so long as he's occupied, so it's not really an issue for us, and he tends to sleep in if he goes to bed late.

I would avoid taking him somewhere he couldn't entertain himself eg footy, I would prefer to organise a babysitter for my own sanity, but I wouldn't rule it out anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    My dd3 tho slept shockingly as she is little miss routine, but quite frankly I'd rather have a happy healthy social life and deal with lack of sleep than stay home all the time just for her. Once school is back the bedtimes resume normal hours and all will settle down.
    That's great that it works for your family but personally, I hate seeing my 3yr old overtired. He gets sleepy and asks to go to bed and if we are out i just feel guilty. My 5yr old will happily stay up but he starts acting feral if he's overtired.

It doesn't affect our social life because we have no issues getting a babysitter or taking turns going out for girls night/boys night etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    That's great that it works for your family but personally, I hate seeing my 3yr old overtired.

It doesn't affect our social life because we have no issues getting a babysitter or taking turns going out for girls night/boys night etc
    It affects our social life as we have no babysitting available in Canberra and in bris there is enough family to share the load. We all take it in turns to carry her till she passes out or I just wear her in the ergo.

Generally DH and I will take turns going out to avoid disrupting the kids in school nights. But on holidays and special events we go out as a family.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I hate being tired and not getting enough sleep so I avoid it for my kids. They still wake up at 6:30/7 anyway so I stick to their bed time as much as possible with a later night here or there ok.

It's very rare for me to be up after 11pm so late nights/parties do not appeal to me at all these days.

I go walking 5 nights week at 8:30 so I like my kids to be in bed by 8 on those nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do, but not very often. Probably because for 7 years we've done nothing and unluckily for no 3 he just has to suck it up and go with the flow! Lol

We went to a soccer presentation night 2 weeks ago and ds3 2.5y hated it so much I ended up having to drive him home at 830, he just hated the noise, too many kids, kinda loud music. He cries if I leave him at home with his grandparents so I feel very guilty about leaving him behind.

As for gong to friends places, yes, I take them out and take their pjs with us. We don't go lots but wen we do, we'll happily stay till 10pm if the hosts are willing and kids are having a good time.