+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have you done a natural FET while using an overseas clinic?

Hi ladies

I have just decided (in conjunction with my FS) to do a natural cycle FET with monitoring in Australia but the transfer in Los Angeles. I transferred a PGS normal hatching blast in LA in June doing a medicated FET and it didn't work. I've also just had a medicated cycle cancelled because my lining wasn't typically trilaminar. We only have one embryo left so making sure I'm optimal is critical and since I've had some success with a natural FET before we decided on this route. The doctor says he wants me to arrive in LA before the trigger but that means I'll be there for at least 10 days. I don't really see why I can't do all the monitoring and trigger here and arrive a couple of days before the transfer. My only concern is arriving Jetlagged but I'm not sure that matters. I'm not sure what others usually do in terms of timing with going overseas even for medicated cycles so I'm interested to hear about that as well.

Has anyone had experience with doing a natural FET with an overseas clinic? I'd love to hear about it, what you did here and there, when you went over and for how long etc

GE
    Last edited by Golden Egg; 02-10-2016 at 09:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I chose to do a medicated cycle with my fet, but the clinic I got to in the Czech Republic usally don't do down regulation with the fet, they have you on the pill for 2-3 months prior then on cd 1 you start estrogen and then 5 days before your transfer you start progesterone, transfer is usually around day 19-21 of your cycle so easy to book travel etc, so I suppose their fet isn't a completely natural one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Golden Egg  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey. This FET would involve no meds to begin with but lots of monitoring so that when my lead follicle gets to 18mm they'll give me a trigger shot then do the transfer 7 days later. I'll also have some estrogen and prog after trigger and prior to transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And congratulations on your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else..?