+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like it can be done if you have plenty of support. My DH will be expected to help that's for sure! Plus I have in laws nearby who want to be involved :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    Mine is the same. It adds loads of pressure if you are wanting to get into honours. Good luck!
    It's definitely a long, hard road we've chosen with psych. Good luck to you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    It's doable but you need to be super organised, disciplined and motivated. I personally would not start until bub is 6 months old. For me the first 6 months were hideous and there is no way I could have found time or mental energy to study.
    I went back to my masters degree (external) when DD was 7 months old. I also went back to work 1.5 days a week at the same time. I did one subject last semester and this semester (now working 2.5 days a week) I had hoped to do 2 subjects but my DH is away for the whole semester interstate so I dropped back to one.
    I have found it very difficult to find the time but that is a lot to do with my job which is very busy and not confined to 2.5 days and also with DH being away.
    I am actually a Uni lecturer and half of my workload is teaching online and I have been teaching in that format for many years. In my experience a lot of my external students struggle. As I said you need more organisation, motivation and discipline to study externally as it is so easy to let other stuff encroach. But it is doable but I would wait til bub is a few months old so you are more settled.
    Hope this hasn't been too negative! I see it from both sides though as both an external student myself and an online educator.
    I am also thinking about studying in 2017 bachelor of nursing by distance part time and i have a 16month old and a baby on its way due in august. Do you think it would be possible to do the first term and then second term i go back to just 1 subject, i may also have to ask if one of the residential school clinics can be deffered or picked back up the following year as bub will only be a few months old, have you had any experience with students like myself? Is it manageable? Ill defientlt need atleast 8-12weeks off once bub is born too. Ill have to ask the university career advisor these questions tomorrow.
    By the way i admire all the work you do its very inspiring