So I'm a bit rusty with all this after 3 years! Just after all the tips/tricks you can give me to get bub to sleep better at night? Unfortunately he's decided that 2am to 6am is party time
He's only a month old, so I don't want to use controlled crying, I think he's too young for that, and we also have paper thin walls so I don't want him waking my 3yo all night.
Currently we do the following:
- Lights remain off
- Get to him when he's fussing, before he gets worked up.
- No eye contact or talking (onky shushing)
- Change nappy
- Feed & burp
- Cuddle until sleepy (although this doesn't seem to be working at night - works during day)
- Room is heated to constant temp (24 degrees)
- White noise (Lulla Doll)
- He hates being swaddled, so we don't swaddle.
What else can we do?