+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would probably have stopped my child playing with them after the first investigation, and distracted them with the whole meat buying thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wwyd in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    From the responses it seems that most think that if items are at kids level in shops then that gives them the right to touch/play with them. Where is the line with this I wonder? Is it okay to touch/play with items for sale in shops? To sit on displays? Or just play with fixtures such as bells?

I will add that I am not trying to be antagonistic, I am genuinely a bit surprised by the attitude that if its at child height then it's ok to play with. (And I know that in this case the shop attendant indicated that it was okay initially, so I am just speaking more broadly).
    Agreed. Why should they move the bells?

And I'm not having a go at all @Olive Oil as I am often tired and cranky too! but I'm also surprised that over such a minor thing that people would
    a) walk out before getting what they came in to get (seriously?!?) and
    b) not return to the business

People really need to lighten up and not let things bother them this badly. Sure, depending on the tone it "might" **** me off but not to the point of walking out. Especially as, to quite frankly, the kid was playing with something that was annoying and distracting in a place of business.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the issue is that the lady serving implied that it didn't bother her and then got annoyed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank ladies, Good to see other point of views.

I'm happy with my actions, I won't be going back because of her tone and there are a million other options in the area. If she was more lighthearted with her tone, I wouldn't have thought twice.

I normally have my kids under control and was initially getting him to stop, I honestly thought her initial comment was like, don't worry, they all do it. I was happy to have him occupied while I made my purchase. The bells weren't annoying me in the slightest

Hope everyone's Saturday is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like both of you were in a bad mood to be honest. No harm done though. Sitting here, I'd say, just let it go and don't be so sensitive, but in the situation id probably have done the same as you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If DS is doing something naughty in a shop and he didn't stop after I've told him too then it wouldn't bother me at all if the shop keeper said something , unless it was unwarranted , then I would have said something to her
    It would have to be pretty huge for me to not go back to the shop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    From the responses it seems that most think that if items are at kids level in shops then that gives them the right to touch/play with them. Where is the line with this I wonder? Is it okay to touch/play with items for sale in shops? To sit on displays? Or just play with fixtures such as bells?

I will add that I am not trying to be antagonistic, I am genuinely a bit surprised by the attitude that if its at child height then it's ok to play with. (And I know that in this case the shop attendant indicated that it was okay initially, so I am just speaking more broadly).
    Of course kids shouldn't be able to touch everything within their reach. They're bells though. Don't have bells in your shop full stop if you don't want bell noises. Get a fancy ornament and then crack at the kids who try to touch it. Don't get a bell and then be precious when it makes bell noises.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (01-10-2016),Wise Enough  (01-10-2016)