+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have taken the first comment to mean to stress it doesn't bother us. So the second comment would really p/ss me off. What others have said above would be good but I'm not sure I would have said it, though I would have wished I had.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (01-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The b1tch in me would've made a comment alluding to the fact that the supermarket doesn't have any bells

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would have depended on my mood. Generally I wouldn't have thought much of it - just assumed it was bothering her while she was trying to concentrate. But I can certainly see myself getting annoyed if I was tired/sick/cranky.

TBH the bell ringing would have annoyed me so it would likely have been me telling my DS to stop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    What I did, I politely said that I had changed my mind and left. I felt ragey though... I felt her instant annoyance was unwarranted. Maybe all the kids play with the bells and she kinda snapped with mine. I don't know.
    I would have done the same. I wouldn't be going back either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would have probably said "okay DS, let's go" and promptly left.

Her first remark insinuated that it wasn't an issue if a child touched the bells. Her following remark suggested she was in fact, annoyed.

Stupid blardy bells!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

RmumR  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was in a bad mood and DS was doing that I prob would of said if you don't want kids playing with them then don't have them there then said I'll have a kilo of sausages please just to add in some sarcasm so she couldn't say anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I would have been annoyed, but would have made DS come and stand with me while I finished my purchase then left. Never to return again - I'm non-confrontational but would have shown my annoyance by not contributing to their business after that purchase (given I would have been in there as I needed meat).

Thanks
    Reviews
    From the responses it seems that most think that if items are at kids level in shops then that gives them the right to touch/play with them. Where is the line with this I wonder? Is it okay to touch/play with items for sale in shops? To sit on displays? Or just play with fixtures such as bells?

I will add that I am not trying to be antagonistic, I am genuinely a bit surprised by the attitude that if its at child height then it's ok to play with. (And I know that in this case the shop attendant indicated that it was okay initially, so I am just speaking more broadly).

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (01-10-2016),dani251  (01-10-2016),Full House  (01-10-2016),HillDweller  (01-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have agreed with her and made my child stop. Just because they are at a child height doesn't mean they are there for kids to play with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would of told her "perhaps but the bells up higher then the kids won't be able to touch them and annoy you"