+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    But yet people are judging in this thread that somebody looks 'too good' after childbirth. Shouldn't it be to not judge all round?
    I'm not judging because she looks too good. I am mildly judging the:
    1) posting intimate pictures for public consumption - not a fan of the 'look at moi' phenomenon, I find it knobby
    2) being focused on external looks. I moved out of that phase in my 20's, I believe women are sometimes women's biggest enemy when it comes to gender imbalance issues plaguing society.

I suppose my gripe is more that I don't think being beautiful and years of publicly posting bikini photos is something that has earned people looking up to or fawning over.
    Last edited by VicPark; 01-10-2016 at 23:22.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

delirium  (02-10-2016),J37  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I just saw this comment in a Facebook group about something completely unrelated but it rings true here:

'Women don't shine by unscrewing each other's lightbulbs.'
    I got another one:
    - 'women don't shine by waxing themselves up to screw-in-a-males-lightbulb'

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

amyd  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm not judging because she looks too good. I am judging the:
    1) posting intimate pictures for public consumption - not a fan of the 'look at moi' phenomenon, I find it knobby
    2) being focused on external looks. I moved out of that phase in my 20's, I believe women are sometimes women's biggest enemy when it comes to gender imbalance issues plaguing society.
    Fair enough on the posting pictures on social media. But aren't you (and others) the ones being focused on external looks in this thread? She posted a picture announcing the birth of her babies, a picture I think looks pretty standard and normal, and she's being criticized for looking too good.

Also, if I recall, you were insulted when your mom bought you pj's in a bigger size than you were?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got another one:
    - 'women don't shine by waxing themselves up to screw-in-a-males-lightbulb'
    Don't know about you, but I wax for myself and because I want to, not because I'm trying to impress anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Fair enough on the posting pictures on social media. But aren't you (and others) the ones being focused on external looks in this thread? She posted a picture announcing the birth of her babies, a picture I think looks pretty standard and normal, and she's being criticized for looking too good.

Also, if I recall, you were insulted when your mom bought you pj's in a bigger size than you were?
    I've edited my post to clarify. I don't think she's any more special that anyone else. Being beautiful isn't a talent - it's something that can be bought. It doesn't do anything for society in the long run. I don't feel it's deserving of all the fawning and 'likes' that has been going on. Infact posting self indulgent bikini shots of yourself for years on end puts the gender issues women face back, not forward.

Give me a nurse who travels to a third world country to help stop the spread of the Ebola virus. Or a teacher who has dedicated her time to successfully helping a disabled child improve their quality of life. Now that's something worthy of public display and a thousand likes. Shaking your booty and marrying a footballer pales in comparison.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

delirium  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm not judging because she looks too good. I am mildly judging the:

I suppose my gripe is more that I don't think being beautiful and years of publicly posting bikini photos is something that has earned people looking up to or fawning over.
    @VicPark I fully agree with you for many on social media. I think you don't know enough about her and have judged on one photo. I had a look through her Instagram after she had her twins and she strikes me as normal, loving, witty and possibly even smart. Her selfies are commercially focussed and not "look at meeeeeee!!!"

It's unfortunate that so much has been interpreted (or misinterpreted) from one photo of her proudly showing off her twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Don't know about you, but I wax for myself and because I want to, not because I'm trying to impress anyone.
    Why? Why do you need to remove your body hair? Years of social conditioning have led women to do many weird things in the name of 'feeling better.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    @VicPark I fully agree with you for many on social media. I think you don't know enough about her and have judged on one photo. I had a look through her Instagram after she had her twins and she strikes me as normal, loving, witty and possibly even smart. Her selfies are commercially focussed and not "look at meeeeeee!!!"

It's unfortunate that so much has been interpreted (or misinterpreted) from one photo of her proudly showing off her twins.
    I've looked at her history.
    Posting for 'look at me' v's commercial reasons makes no difference to me - neither are worthy of admiration IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've looked at her history.
    Posting for 'look at me' v's commercial reasons makes no difference to me - neither are worthy of admiration IMO.
    She's not asking for you to admire her. You can choose to ignore without judging (well not you but you get the idea).

Social media is the way a lot of businesses promote themselves. If a shop owner shows pictures of their clothes they are selling on themselves is that self promotion? Or are they promoting their business?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    She's not asking for you to admire her. You can choose to ignore without judging (well not you but you get the idea).

Social media is the way a lot of businesses promote themselves. If a shop owner shows pictures of their clothes they are selling on themselves is that self promotion? Or are they promoting their business?
    Exactly what is it she is promoting? Herself?

She posted pics of herself publicly. Many of them, selfies, bikini shots boob shots, fawning over her man shots, over many years. I saw, I judged.

She's beautiful yes, but not Australian of the year material by any means.