+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Your photos are beautiful RR but you obviously also had a different birth experience from her so straight away the photos of you meeting your baby is going to look different.
    Yes but I'm not saying her photos are horrible nor have I commented on her being made up or anything. I literally have not said one thing about Bec Judd in this thread at all.

I was just responding to a previous poster talking about how they felt about their post birth pics and adding my own opinion - my opinion being that I treasure these pics more than others I have, and I'm sure Bec Judd has several photos of her birth that she didn't care to share with the public but will probably be her favourite photos too - just as I have many birth photos that I love but have only shown a handful of people.

I have actually packed make up for myself this time around.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (01-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (01-10-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Guys - me posting my pics was in no way an attack or comment on Bec Judd's pics! If you read the comments before it, it'll make more sense.

Edit: forget it, I'm deleting them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Guys - me posting my pics was in no way an attack or comment on Bec Judd's pics! If you read the comments before it, it'll make more sense.

It's ok I didn't take it that way. I think we're all entitled to be proud of how we look post birth but for some reason because she's in the public she's being criticised for being too perfect.

I didn't read your comments as criticism at all.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-10-2016),gingermillie  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The thing is, if a woman wants to go out in track suit then who cares. I am often out in sweaty gym clothes and couldn't care less. I feel awesome after a work out.

The problem is other women will judge because it's daggy. And that's the problem. Not what anyone wears. It's the judgment.

I dont know about other babies born via C-section but my c-section baby was covered in vernix.
    But judged by whom? I personally wouldn't be wandering around in gym clothes by choice but I couldn't care less if I am. I think A-Squared's right when she said the only time it's an issue is when it makes the person wearing the clothes feel bad. So if I choose to dress a certain way because it makes me happy I'm not judging anyone else who doesn't. If someone else lives in track suits who cares so long as they're happy? If they hate the way they look and are miserable then it's possibly a different issue.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-10-2016),atomicmama  (03-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post

Sorry, I know your other comments weren't critical, I was only commenting on the part where you said you wouldn't trade yours for clean baby beanie pictures

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The thing is, if a woman wants to go out in track suit then who cares. I am often out in sweaty gym clothes and couldn't care less. I feel awesome after a work out.

The problem is other women will judge because it's daggy. And that's the problem. Not what anyone wears. It's the judgment.

I dont know about other babies born via C-section but my c-section baby was covered in vernix.
    But yet people are judging in this thread that somebody looks 'too good' after childbirth. Shouldn't it be to not judge all round?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I'm pregnant my skin is clear and glows. My after birth photos are some of the best photos of me.. I wish I could look as radiant as I do post birth normally!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

giveitago  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    But yet people are judging in this thread that somebody looks 'too good' after childbirth. Shouldn't it be to not judge all round?
    I think a lot of the time, no one really cares about anyone else. Eg, Jane Bloggs might feel that someone like Rebecca Judd would judge her for being daggy, but chances are someone like Rebecca Judd couldn't care less that people go out looking daggy. It's the daggy persons perception but not really reality. So Jane Bloggs in turn judges Rebecca Judd for being too put together, because she thinks people like Rebecca Judd judge them - when chances are she doesn't.

On the flip side anyone who is too into their looks may judge daggy Jane Bloggs because they are actually jealous of Jane Bloggs confidence to go out and not feel the need to dress up.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Full House  (01-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (02-10-2016),turquoisecoast  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    When I'm pregnant my skin is clear and glows. My after birth photos are some of the best photos of me.. I wish I could look as radiant as I do post birth normally!
    Same - it makes me laugh thinking some people assume it's Botox etc just because you look good in a photo, seriously who cares!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Full House  (01-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just saw this comment in a Facebook group about something completely unrelated but it rings true here:

'Women don't shine by unscrewing each other's lightbulbs.'

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (01-10-2016)