+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Where has she made it an expectation though? She has not posted 'look how great I look after twins - every woman can and should look like me'. She posted 'look at my babies'. And we are commenting on her looks. And yes, shaming her on her looks.
    i didn't say she made it an expectation. Society has made it an expectation. How many threads have we seen in here about mums " letting themselves go" because they no longer spend hours in the morning doing hair, makeup, etc.

We are our own worst enemies. And the fact that women feel they need to get waxed, have Botox etc.

ETA - God forbid a woman wears trackies to the shops or jeggings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wear trakkies to Coles on a regular basis. Love my trakkie-daks. First thing I do when I get home is put them on!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (02-10-2016),KitiK  (01-10-2016),twolegs  (01-10-2016),VicPark  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the opposite haha. I care so little about fashion, I literally own two pairs of jeans, 2 shorts, 2 track pants (that I use as pjs) and 8 shirts. I can fit my whole wardrobe in an overnight bag. It all goes in one drawer in our tallboy. But I always wear jeans when I leave the house. It's just what I'm comfortable in haha. I also don't own any make up beyond chap sticks. I've always been this way.

Also, until this thread, I had no idea who Rebecca Judd was. So I can't comment how she looks now compared to before giving birth. She looked happy though. That buggered but content kind of happy. So that's nice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I was just talking about her skin. She's only 33, so I really think in her case it's all good genetics.

Her eyes may look sunken, but her skin still looks perfect. Make up or no make up.

I think it's great she has accomplished a lot, I do wonder if she would be on 9 news and have all those other things going on if she was still just modelling in Perth? (Not including her speech pathology qualification) she moved to Melbourne as Chris Judd started playing for Carlton.

I'm sure it's possible, I guess we all have things in our lives that work together to help us in our achievements.

I just think good on her to do what she has done, no it's not for everyone but if looks are important to her why is that an issue?

I'm on both sides of the fence - as a public figure she should realise that not all mothers will do themselves up for post baby photos, and these images may send the wrong message (or make other mums feel like crap) but if that's what she wanted to do - that's her prerogative but it is a shame if she felt pressure she had to do this before her photos.

Me personally I'm jealous of her in many ways but that's all my own issues, nothing to do with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know a couple. ..

One: had 2, 10yrs later and not really together anymore had a one time thing....*tada* twins.

The father above is now with another woman, who also has 4 kids. Two singletons, then a set of twins.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A FB friend of mine had two kids then got pregnant again 8 years after her second child...she now has four kids (she had twins).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I know someone who had two girls, then a boy, then two more girls and desperately wanted another boy but instead got pregnant with twin girls
    A friend in the USA went for a 3rd and got triplets - all girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I just think good on her to do what she has done, no it's not for everyone but if looks are important to her why is that an issue?
    Good question.

In my old age I have much less patience and tolerance for people who place value on external looks. There are so many causes and people in this world (kids dying of cancer, war and starvation everyday...) that could benefit from extra support, I find it distasteful/it irritates me when people waste money and time on non medically essential plastic surgery for themselves .... and post their big noggens publicly on social media for the 'likes.'

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (02-10-2016),J37  (01-10-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If we ever agreed to go again. (not likely) My DH would absolutely die in the delivery room if I suddenly had twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I can't stand her. She comes across extremely superficial and narcissistic. I'm not jealous in the least. Top that off that I consider her being famous for no good reason and the attention seeking selfies make my eye twitch.

I know that I can't or shouldn't be able to control others, and I can't have my daughter in a bubble, but I've worked so hard to have her love herself inside and out. And these types of images, IMHO undermine that. Bc that's not how most women look after a c/s. Of course she's allowed to have botox and put on an inch of make up pre/post c/s. But she is influencing young women and that's a big responsibility.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

clb84  (01-10-2016),J37  (01-10-2016)