+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

The actions and words you have given in this thread @VicPark sadden me. You do not see beauty/fashion the way I do and that is ok.

But what you have done is taken a person - a human being, posted pictures purely to shame her. And dismiss her as a footballers wife, a knob, someone who uses their boobs and not their brains to get ahead. You have posted a 'comparison' between a bikini picture of her and Rosie Batty to prove what exactly?
    I missed the Batty pic?? But I honestly think VP was making valid points and not being nasty. You certainly don't have to agree with them, but that doesn't mean VP should be shamed. She has said she personally does not overly respect people that reinforce the notion that looks are so important. She raised concerns over the effect this thinking has and will have over all females. She may have a degree but she has used her appearance to get ahead, both in modelling and in her businesses. And that as a way of thinking, as opposed to an individual slight on Judd, is a valid point to make. Again, you can disagree with her vehemently. But she is entitled to her opinion.

People are getting bogged down in a couple of comments about looks amongst dozens of pages of discussion. Let's move on and explore the primary discussions here.
    Last edited by delirium; 03-10-2016 at 21:09.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (03-10-2016),Gentoo  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I missed the Batty pic?? But I honestly think VP was making valid points and not being nasty. You certainly don't have to agree with them, but that doesn't mean VP should be shamed. She has said she personally does not overly respect people that reinforce the notion that looks are so important. She raised concerns over the effect this thinking has and will have over all females. She may have a degree but she has used her appearance to get ahead, both in modelling and in her businesses. And that as a way of thinking, as opposed to an individual slight on Judd, is a valid point to make. Again, you can disagree with her vehemently. But she is entitled to her opinion.
    All this thread has done is make me really wonder what vicpark does for a living.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    All this thread has done is make me really wonder what vicpark does for a living.
    LOL I've wondered the same thing! She's a bit of an enigma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    LOL I've wondered the same thing! She's a bit of an enigma.
    Yep. And given we all know what each other does I take her criticisms with a grain of salt to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I genuinely think you're missing the point some of us are trying to make delirium. Why did a pretty innocent photo of a woman announcing the birth of her babies have to turn into a judgement on her looks and people declaring why they can't stand her? That's what many of us took issue with, why did the thread even have to take that turn in the first place? Why do women feel the need to automatically judge even an innocent photo?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-10-2016),Full House  (03-10-2016),twinklify  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am the same - I also follow lots of makeup people.

I think for me is I love the beauty of the photography. The clothes. The makeup transformations. Even models poses. To me that is so beautiful. It does not make me feel bad about myself - it makes me love life and the beauty in it.

It sounds lame but its true. On my bad days I watch makeup tutorials. Some are SFX - some are glam, some drag - I love it (note I have no talent).

I love the shapes and sillouetes that clothes can give. The movement. The prints. And don't get me started on glitter and sequins.

And I cannot see how that is a bad thing.

The actions and words you have given in this thread @VicPark sadden me. You do not see beauty/fashion the way I do and that is ok.

But what you have done is taken a person - a human being, posted pictures purely to shame her. And dismiss her as a footballers wife, a knob, someone who uses their boobs and not their brains to get ahead. You have posted a 'comparison' between a bikini picture of her and Rosie Batty to prove what exactly?

They are both beautiful, strong, intelligent women. They lead different lives but it does not make one better or worse than the other.

I am not a 'fan' of Bec Judd. I am a fan of supporting women. And it hurts and saddens me that we cannot rely on women to support us. To me that means we have gone backwards and not forwards with equality for women. Because we now have to fight to have a our choices to be respected by both men and women.
    I am saddened you don't see the same potential for individual and societal damage that I do when women focus on and/or make a living from physical appearances and branding. I am concerned that you and others have been unable to scratch below the surface and see the bigger picture - the potential harm to young women of such individuals (who are probably lovely people) being put forward as role models.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I genuinely think you're missing the point some of us are trying to make delirium. Why did a pretty innocent photo of a woman announcing the birth of her babies have to turn into a judgement on her looks and people declaring why they can't stand her? That's what many of us took issue with, why did the thread even have to take that turn in the first place? Why do women feel the need to automatically judge even an innocent photo?
    Bc how she looked spoke to a much deeper concerning issue for some - the pressure for women to look perfect every moment of their lives, even post birth, and how they argued it was almost dishonest on some level. I'm not sure I would have gone that far. But to me, people weren't criticising her skinniness or the make up she was wearing per say. It was the messages it sends given she is a celeb.

Does that make sense or am I just blubbering? haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Because the birth picture was publicly posted on social media and the woman in question makes a living out of publicly posting details of her life on social media. With that in mind I think it's unrealistic to expect the birth picture to be considered in isolation from the 50,000 selfies that preceded it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Because the birth picture was publicly posted on social media and the woman in question makes a living out of publicly posting details of her life on social media. With that in mind I think it's unrealistic to expect the birth picture to be considered in isolation from the 50,000 selfies that preceded it.
    Do you know who Tess Holliday is? I'd love to know your thoughts (and others) on her Instagram account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Do you know who Tess Holliday is? I'd love to know your thoughts (and others) on her Instagram account.
    I think Tess is beautiful, just as Judd is. But she is very similar to Bec in heaps of ways. The fact one would be considered underweight and the other obese doesn't change anything, they both come across a bit obsessed with themselves.