+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been reading along trying to decide where I stand. The thing is, I really struggle to not feel judgemental towards models in general (not all, but as a group). I'm sure there are lots of models who are intelligent, lovely people. It's just so difficult to see past the obsession with physical appearance, vanity, strutting around in their underwear and using their bodies to sell products - & it's always the same body type. I dont know, I just have a fundamental issue with modelling. I know it's a career that dome aspire to, & I will support my daughters in whatever path they choose - but if it was to be a model, especially something like a victoria secret model, I would feel so disappointed. We are more than just our bodies, & it's really hard to see past that when models seem to obsess about their appearance. PP mentioned Bec Judd is a speechie too? I wonder how much of her instagram account is her posting quotes about speech and early childhood, & how much is her posing half naked in ridiculous positions. I think I dont have a problrm with a bit of makeuo and caring about our appearance. It's the obsession with appearance, when it becomes the whole sum of our human worth, - that's when its a problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yes it is. Doesn't make it any more desireable though. Her 'job' makes the path for every female that follows her that much more difficult.

How are females supposed to stand up to the likes of trump, demand to be judged on their brains and not their boobs when the likes of Judd are out there parading themselves and others products for cash.
    In all honesty though VP, women just can't win. If they are like Bec Judd they don't get respect from one group of people and if they are like Hillary Clinton, they don't get respect from another. Hillary doesn't deserve respect because she shouts, or doesn't smile enough, or took her cheating husband back. Bec doesn't deserve respect because she's thin and takes selfies. Somebody like Trump will never respect either of them and they both deserve respect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    In all honesty though VP, women just can't win. If they are like Bec Judd they don't get respect from one group of people and if they are like Hillary Clinton, they don't get respect from another. Hillary doesn't deserve respect because she shouts, or doesn't smile enough, or took her cheating husband back. Bec doesn't deserve respect because she's thin and takes selfies. Somebody like Trump will never respect either of them and they both deserve respect.
    I agree about trump being a **** and both women deserving respect. I just think one (Hillary) makes the path easier for other women while the other (Judd) makes it more difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    the question is why are we looking for respect from bozos like trump anyway? he'll never take a woman seriously because he's seriously flawed. it's not a reflection of the woman, it's a reflection of a man with a flawed character. a decent bloke would respect both women.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I've been reading along trying to decide where I stand. The thing is, I really struggle to not feel judgemental towards models in general (not all, but as a group). I'm sure there are lots of models who are intelligent, lovely people. It's just so difficult to see past the obsession with physical appearance, vanity, strutting around in their underwear and using their bodies to sell products - & it's always the same body type. I dont know, I just have a fundamental issue with modelling. I know it's a career that dome aspire to, & I will support my daughters in whatever path they choose - but if it was to be a model, especially something like a victoria secret model, I would feel so disappointed. We are more than just our bodies, & it's really hard to see past that when models seem to obsess about their appearance. PP mentioned Bec Judd is a speechie too? I wonder how much of her instagram account is her posting quotes about speech and early childhood, & how much is her posing half naked in ridiculous positions. I think I dont have a problrm with a bit of makeuo and caring about our appearance. It's the obsession with appearance, when it becomes the whole sum of our human worth, - that's when its a problem.
    I don't think any of her account is her posing half naked in a ridiculous position...

Here's her most recent pic
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1475402565.631679.jpg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (02-10-2016),witherwings  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Looking at her Instagram she supports a gym wear brand (so looking after your body) that is donating 50% of sales to Movember. Better than the piddly $1 per Big Mac on McHappy Day.

This is why I don't mind her, she does care about more than just herself and her looks.

Look there are plenty of people in the world I would think the same about as what you are saying VP, she is just not one of them, and trust me I surprise myself that I feel that way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have absolutely no idea who she is

12. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    this.

she's a far better role model than types like Kim "where are my clothes again" kardashian too.

I bet if bec wasn't stick thin people would say she's a better role model. I think a lot of people want to discredit her because she's so (naturally I may add) thin. people look at her and assume she spends all her time maintaining this stick insect physique. hell maybe she does but I believe that's her natural body shape.
    I completely agree that the attitude towards her would be completely different if she had a little more 'meat' on her and I also agree that she's like that naturally. I have a few friends built like that and besides doing Pilates a couple times a week they are (unfortunately for those of us who struggle) not doing much else to maintain it. ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Looking at her Instagram she supports a gym wear brand (so looking after your body) that is donating 50% of sales to Movember. Better than the piddly $1 per Big Mac on McHappy Day.

This is why I don't mind her, she does care about more than just herself and her looks.

Look there are plenty of people in the world I would think the same about as what you are saying VP, she is just not one of them, and trust me I surprise myself that I feel that way.
    I don't think she's bad. She may in fact be at the upper end of the socially conscious model scale. I just don't think she's done enough to be role model fawn-over worthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

Anyone else know of others who have had the same thing happen? Is it that common? Is there anything medical that increase the chances of having twins the third time around?
    !
    I can't think of anyone that it's happened to, but how do you know It wasn't IVF babies? Genuinely curious..