+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Changed my mind
    Last edited by amyd; 02-10-2016 at 11:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree. But to be fair to @delerium I doubt she's posting negative comments on Bec's Instagram saying "you're too thin" or "you're misrepresenting how women are perceived in society". Yes this conversation is public but honestly with 4 kids I doubt Bec Judd is reading them. And she's heard it before. Doesn't make it ok which is why I'd refrain personally from saying "I can't stand the woman" etc. It's ok to not like what she's doing but for me comments like that cross a line.

My daughter likes to post videos on Musical.ly. We thought it was ok until we realised her account wasn't private. So she was posting videos for anyone to watch but luckily she had only posted 2

My DH described it like this. You wouldn't dance in front of a couple of men at the park so why is it ok to do it online? She was horrified thinking about it that way.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-10-2016),binnielici  (02-10-2016),twinklify  (02-10-2016),VicPark  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that for someone so young they should keep it private (I don't even know what Musical.ly is!) unless of course it is something they are making a career of. And I do think that is part of what we teach as well when it comes to social media.

I suppose my point is also that even if she does not frequent BubHub etc talking about her in such a derogatory way is like 'mean girls' i.e. lets just talk about this person on a different forum (or behind their back). I suppose what I was trying to say is that we are the ones teaching our children about how to interact with people. If we expect manners from them IRL we should teach them the same online. And we should also be doing the same. And the things being said here is not nice. And not ok.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-10-2016),harvs  (02-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (02-10-2016),Olive Oil  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I agree that for someone so young they should keep it private (I don't even know what Musical.ly is!) unless of course it is something they are making a career of. And I do think that is part of what we teach as well when it comes to social media.

I suppose my point is also that even if she does not frequent BubHub etc talking about her in such a derogatory way is like 'mean girls' i.e. lets just talk about this person on a different forum (or behind their back). I suppose what I was trying to say is that we are the ones teaching our children about how to interact with people. If we expect manners from them IRL we should teach them the same online. And we should also be doing the same. And the things being said here is not nice. And not ok.
    I agree.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    all the haters should go check out the latest pic on her insta: she looks decidedly "normal". still glowing and gorgeous but pretty sure make up free. she looks like any other exhausted and glowing new mum.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    all the haters should go check out the latest pic on her insta: she looks decidedly "normal". still glowing and gorgeous but pretty sure make up free. she looks like any other exhausted and glowing new mum.
    I am finding her 'what's his name?' 'Which baby is it again' posts amusing too. I only just started following her from this. And noted a lot of IG people I follow also follow her. Small world.

On a slightly different topic to the above I want to shout out to @HollyGolightly81 for pulling me up on here one day and thinking about social media and the impact our words have on people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I don't actually see her as a bad influence in fact I would much rather have DD follow her then the Kardashians or other celebrities who forget their clothes when they leave the house.
    I would rather my kids follow neither. How on earth a woman focusing on her own physical appearance and media coverage 24/7 is a good example for kids is beyond me. Does she offer anything to aspire to other than "she's not as bad as Kim."?
    Last edited by VicPark; 02-10-2016 at 13:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I'm honest, when my daughter reaches a stage where outside and celebrity influences are going to so dramatic to her self esteem, I would rather steer her towards someone like Bec who from what I can see is a decent wife and mother, who found a career (or several by the sounds of it) doing something that makes her feel happy, regardless of what it is. As opposed to sending her to somewhere on the internet like Bubhub or other similar forums. Most of the time this is a great place, but I have seen people savagely pounce on someone who has put themselves out in a vulnerable place. And I truly believe that, that will do a whole lot more damage than occasionally looking at pictures of someone who likes feeling pretty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Maybe this article explains things better than I can:
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opin...story-comments
    Attachment 84732
    Can't open it as not a subscriber.

If it's what I think it's about I've read it before.