+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    And yet she was criticised, quite vigorously, in another BH thread recently, by many posters on this forum, for her comments on women wanting a drug-free labour, and likening this to having a dental procedure without analgesia/anaesthesia.

So on BH, we can judge her comments apparently, but not her self-promotion on Instagram. I'm confused.

(I'm not saying it was you, I didn't take much notice).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Really? I'm not aware of that thread. I would never criticise a woman's choice about her own birth and am surprised others did. Given she's had numerous children I'm honestly surprised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Really? I'm not aware of that thread. I would never criticise a woman's choice about her own birth and am surprised others did. Given she's had numerous children I'm honestly surprised.
    It was the birth plan thread. She wasn't being criticised for using drugs in labour but her alikening (sp?) labour drugs to other anaesthesia for procedures not related to child birth - dentistry, getting stitches sewn in your skin etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Is that Judd?? Yucky. Scary.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You do know some people look like that naturally?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (02-10-2016),Full House  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    It was the birth plan thread. She wasn't being criticised for using drugs in labour but her alikening (sp?) labour drugs to other anaesthesia for procedures not related to child birth - dentistry, getting stitches sewn in your skin etc.
    Ok well I've never said she's brilliant (and I still don't know the context) I'm only referring to her being judged for her looks.

eta this is where she said it?

Again taken out of context. From my reading she's saying give me the drugs.

http://www.rebeccajuddloves.com/2014...-nitty-gritty/
    Last edited by Sonja; 02-10-2016 at 08:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I just wanted to comment on the thoughts that some (including me) are being judgmental of her. That she may be a member etc.

I think we need to remember she is putting herself out there. No that doesn't mean she or any celeb deserves nasty comments. But it does mean people are going to discuss and critique her. She clearly is happy to share lots of intimate photos of her life, including the million duck face 'I just happened to be lying around in these $300 bikinis, spray tanned in a face full of make up' pics. Which is fine. But sharing your life some much (and I argue so one dimensionally) is going to garner discussion.

As to her being a member. I think just about every topic or news worthy story could be said the same thing. Every thread could be potentially upsetting someone out there. Do we shut down every single discussion?

I also think it's really important to point this out - my real objection to her isn't her personally. It's the message she sends women and young girls. It's easy to get bogged down on the superficial argument here that members are just being catty and jealous, when the issue is far deeper and more important than that.

And ironically the assertion that any criticism of another female is catty, nasty and only founded in jealousy is kind of nasty in itself. Bc it reduces women to not being allowed to engage in meaningful conversation.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

clb84  (02-10-2016),J37  (02-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (02-10-2016),VicPark  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    You do know some people look like that naturally?
    But she doesn't look like that naturally. In the pic last posted taken top down you can see she has an inch of mascara and eye shadow on. Which again - perfectly fine. But that isn't natural.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    But she doesn't look like that naturally. In the pic last posted taken top down you can see she has an inch of mascara and eye shadow on. Which again - perfectly fine. But that isn't natural.
    I think she was talking about her body not her face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think Sonja was referring to her body shape in her bikini pics, not her make-up. I get the impression J37 was saying yuck. Scary. To her slim body shape.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    There's nothing more I hate than 'look at me' self absorbed, image obsessed photos...so I don't have instagram. Pretty easy to avoid it all when you're not on social media
    There's so much more to Instagram though than selfies. I follow people who have causes that I want to know more about (eg clean water), design forums for ideas about our recent home build, the US presidential debate (so I can be angry before 5am ) and many food threads for cooking ideas.

My Instagram feed makes me feel good. Anyone with a selfie gets canned pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Sonja; 02-10-2016 at 09:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My first post in this thread was about air brush and photo shop. If people don't think that is used the you're living in fantasy land.

Also, I couldn't care less if someone wants to put make up on for birth photos but I don't think anyone can believe that is what she looked like straight after birth...