+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    And yet she was criticised, quite vigorously, in another BH thread recently, by many posters on this forum, for her comments on women wanting a drug-free labour, and likening this to having a dental procedure without analgesia/anaesthesia.

So on BH, we can judge her comments apparently, but not her self-promotion on Instagram. I'm confused.

(I'm not saying it was you, I didn't take much notice).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I never saw the thread.

I think you're missing the point some of us are trying to make, that we think it's wrong to judge and mom shame her based on her looks, which is how this discussion started--somebody posting a picture of her after she had her twins and people commenting on her appearance and how fake she looks. It's the same thing as people saying they think it's wrong to judge somebody who wears trackies or doesn't put makeup on. It's hypocritical to harp on that we shouldn't judge people based on how they look and then do exactly that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's nothing more I hate than 'look at me' self absorbed, image obsessed photos...so I don't have instagram. Pretty easy to avoid it all when you're not on social media 😀

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-10-2016),gingermillie  (02-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    There's nothing more I hate than 'look at me' self absorbed, image obsessed photos...so I don't have instagram. Pretty easy to avoid it all when you're not on social media 😀
    Spot on. Can't stand it either. Which is why I'm not on anything other than Bub Hub...which is my guilty pleasure

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holly, I'm not trying to "Mum-shame" anyone. I don't know the woman, and I haven't commented on her ability to parent or love her children. But I certainly do not think she looks gorgeous. That gaunt, plastic, look is simply not my idea of beautiful.

Should she care what I think? Of course not. But the types who post the hip-bones-protruding bikini photos on Instagram, generally do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Holly, I'm not trying to "Mum-shame" anyone. I don't know the woman, and I haven't commented on her ability to parent or love her children. But I certainly do not think she looks gorgeous. That gaunt, plastic, look is simply not my idea of beautiful.

Should she care what I think? Of course not. But the types who post the hip-bones-protruding bikini photos on Instagram, generally do.

I didn't say you did, but people in the thread are.

The point is, she posted a picture announcing the birth of her babies and people are commenting she looks like she has Botox, makeup, gaunt, sunken eyes, etc. I'm wasting my breath if you or anyone else can't see how that's a bit tasteless/hypocritical/etc. it wasn't a post of her in a bikini (somebody else posted that) it was a post about having her babies. I'm not a fan of selfies or cr@p like that either but I also think it's not on to constantly judge or critique a woman whether you think she's 'asking for it' or not.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (02-10-2016),twinklify  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After this thread I am once again disappointed in how judgemental and cruel women are to each other.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

bluehawaii  (04-10-2016),coco babies  (02-10-2016),Full House  (02-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (02-10-2016),Shoopuf  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I never saw the thread.

I think you're missing the point some of us are trying to make, that we think it's wrong to judge and mom shame her based on her looks, which is how this discussion started--somebody posting a picture of her after she had her twins and people commenting on her appearance and how fake she looks. It's the same thing as people saying they think it's wrong to judge somebody who wears trackies or doesn't put makeup on. It's hypocritical to harp on that we shouldn't judge people based on how they look and then do exactly that.
    Get the point. However I think it's unrealistic and naive to expect people to judge her and the birth photo based on the birth photo alone and not the 50,000,000 selfies that came before it.

I still say I'm not judging her based on her looks, I'm judging her based on her focusing so much on her own looks. Only a knob publicly posts selfies of themselves in a bikini on social media. I can't erase that from my mind just because she has cute babies in the photo with her this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't mind bec actually. I used to really dislike her but I started following her on insta and I don't mind her. she has a posting style that's pretty honest and down to earth. the bikini selfies I find a bit off, mainly because I reckon she looks too thin. but that's her body shape and it's her account and she can post whatever she likes. don't like it? simply unfollow her. she's not the first celebrity to post bikini selfies! and relative to some famous people, she doesn't really post that many. mostly her posts are of her kids, of her hubby, of adairs stuff etc.

re the birth pics, she states she had an emergency cs...maybe the bubs got into distress or some stuff started to happen and she had to get straight to the hospital and straight into theatre. maybe she already had makeup on before heading to the hospital?

an emergency cs doesn't take that long, if you're wheeled in and opened up right away, why would you necessarily look terrible? the only reason I looked like poop was I'd laboured for 29 hours prior. I've seen pics of people I know (not famous people) who've had scheduled cs and look pretty good/like their normal selves after the cs.

I think everyone needs to cut bec a break. who really cares what she does? she's just living her life and doing her thing, she's not hurting anyone!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think she has makeup on though. You can barely see lashes so no mascara. She has a fairly even complexion but I do think that is just a filter - the babies and Chris look less red and blotchy than other pics.

I cannot believe I have to analyse the pic though.

In regards to her insta - she is in beauty/fashion/tv. All her selfies showcase either fashion, beauty or tv. Which is her brand. And her business.

Eta. Saw the most amazing shoes on her IG. Want. The. Shoes.
    Last edited by twinklify; 02-10-2016 at 07:31.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    There's nothing more I hate than 'look at me' self absorbed, image obsessed photos...so I don't have instagram. Pretty easy to avoid it all when you're not on social media
    I agree, take it or leave it if it offends. I'm in Twitter but never use it and now on Instagram but I only follow close friends and anything to do with interior styling and architecture.

I actually don't mind her either @turquoisecoast and used to dislike her too, especially after that plunging red dress she wore to the Brownlow (first I had ever heard of her), but you know what I was in my 20s at the time and extremely self conscious and focussed on looks. I went to find an image of that dress yesterday and just thought, meh! It's no where near as bad as I thought.

I judged her then due to my own insecurities. Now I like her and yes I said I was jealous but mainly of her confidence, her life outside of her kids and her Adairs stuff - I would LOVE to do that sort of thing.

Do I admire her for her nice skin? No, I like her nice skin and wish mine was clearer but I also don't happen to wish hers was any worse.

VP for what it's worth I agree with what you say about us being careful who we idolise especially around our kids, and whilst I'm not a fan of the look at me either, for some people their business is based on their personal brand and I'm okay with this. We just all need to make sure we model balance around our kids and show that we 'idolise' or at least appreciate a balance of those people.

PS I wax because not being waxed in the visible lady parts while wearing bathers is just plain ugly. Yeah I've probably been conditioned to think that, but I'm okay with that.

PPS that photo of her in her bikini she did look a bit thin, but she must not be u healthily thin considering she clearly still ovulates!
    Last edited by A-Squared; 02-10-2016 at 07:57.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Full House  (02-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (02-10-2016)