+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I've edited my post to clarify. I don't think she's any more special that anyone else. Being beautiful isn't a talent - it's something that can be bought. It doesn't do anything for society in the long run. I don't feel it's deserving of all the fawning and 'likes' that has been going on. Infact posting self indulgent bikini shots of yourself for years on end puts the gender issues women face back, not forward.

Give me a nurse who travels to a third world country to help stop the spread of the Ebola virus. Or a teacher who has dedicated her time to successfully helping a disabled child improve their quality of life. Now that's something worthy of public display and a thousand likes. Shaking your booty and marrying a footballer pales in comparison.
    Why does everyone have to be mother Theresa? Personally I'm extremely grateful that there are so many people in the world who do great things but I also love art, and clothes, and (shoot me now!) admire beauty in its many forms.

Clearly by marking her down as someone who wears bikinis and married a footballer you will never change your opinion of her. It's unfortunate that as women the harshness of judging is equal on both sides of this issue.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (01-10-2016),Theboys&me  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why? Why do you need to remove your body hair? Years of social conditioning have led women to do many weird things in the name of 'feeling better.'
    Because I don't like the feel of it, it feels itchy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default For those not sure about having a third....

Exactly what is it she is promoting? Herself?

She posted pics of herself publicly. Many of them, selfies, bikini shots boob shots, fawning over her man shots, over many years. I saw, I judged.

She's beautiful yes, but not Australian of the year material by any means.
    Well from my 5 minute look I picked up that She runs a beauty school (hence the selfies) and she designs rugs and homewears for Adairs. She is on the show Postcards and is the weather girl for channel 9. She also runs a blog that's quite successful and has a lot of commercial interests there.

In short she is the commodity.

We must be looking at different accounts. I saw lots of photos of her 2 older kids, her bump, her designs, the show postcards she works for and people on channel 9. Yes she's in lots of photos. Most people on Instagram are.

Eta I don't think she wants to be Australian of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And again vp, why were you offended by your mom buying too big pj's?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Why does everyone have to be mother Theresa? Personally I'm extremely grateful that there are so many people in the world who do great things but I also love art, and clothes, and (shoot me now!) admire beauty in its many forms.

Clearly by marking her down as someone who wears bikinis and married a footballer you will never change your opinion of her. It's unfortunate that as women the harshness of judging is equal on both sides of this issue.
    Of course not everyone can be a mother teresa. However I'm not going to fawn over someone just because they look good, run a beauty school to help others look good, show their good looking self on TV.
    I don't care about looks. It's the caring about looks that I am judging, not the looks themselves.

If she did *something* that helped other human beings (beautiful people can still help others - just look at Angelina) then I will consider giving a like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    And again vp, why were you offended by your mom buying too big pj's?
    Because I was being a twit at the time. Little bit older, wiser and hairier now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Last edited by VicPark; 02-10-2016 at 00:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is worthy of more likes:
    Attachment 84722

.. Than this:
    Attachment 84723
    I agree. What I don't agree with is judging and shaming a mom that posted a happy picture of herself announcing the birth of her twins because she looks good in the photo.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

michellead  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is worthy of more likes:
    Attachment 84722

.. Than this:
    Attachment 84723
    Is that Judd?? Yucky. Scary.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

Living in Perth I know a lot of people who know or knew Bec Judd. They all struggle to say a bad word about her. By all accounts she's intelligent and entertaining. I don't get the hate at all.
    And yet she was criticised, quite vigorously, in another BH thread recently, by many posters on this forum, for her comments on women wanting a drug-free labour, and likening this to having a dental procedure without analgesia/anaesthesia.

So on BH, we can judge her comments apparently, but not her self-promotion on Instagram. I'm confused.

(I'm not saying it was you, I didn't take much notice).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-10-2016)