+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Embryos lost after power failure

Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    Oh my goodness! This is terrible! I'm so sorry!
    The power outage & my frozen embryos didn't cross my mind!
    Now I'm worried for mine!
    Have you heard ?
    It's alright I just read above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Such a horrible way for this to happen to you. You can understand if the embie was transferred and something went wrong but for it to happen this way is devastating. I've just read through all my paperwork from my clinic here in SA and there is nothing about unforeseen circumstances. But I was at a different clinic and for the amount they charge compared to flinders one would hope they have a back up for the back up

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Gymming  (30-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I read this in the news my heart sank, it's devastating I'm so sorry you lost your embies. I'd be so incredibly upset if I lost mine in your circumstances. I hope at the very least they give you some free cycles so you have a chance to make more embryos. Gut wrenching

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Gymming  (30-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The media report that affected patients can undergo a repeat cycle for no cost. I was doing a FET cycle with my last 2 precious embryos from 4 years ago. Im now 42. How can I ever possibly create similar egg quality after 4 years? I'm gutted. It's like I'm trapped in a nightmare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have every right to feel the way you do. It is a nightmare. Huge hugs to you Hun xox

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Gymming  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymming View Post
    The media report that affected patients can undergo a repeat cycle for no cost. I was doing a FET cycle with my last 2 precious embryos from 4 years ago. Im now 42. How can I ever possibly create similar egg quality after 4 years? I'm gutted. It's like I'm trapped in a nightmare.
    The only comfort I can offer is that fresh embryos are usually better than frozen. The reality is you do have a lesser chance of getting a positive from an FET than a fresh transfer.

Sorry you are going through this. I don't really know what else to say except you have to throw everything you have at it and you can't dwell on what might have been. I never had any success with frozens and had heaps of them over the years. Will they offer free counselling? I'd be looking for that too.

I also had 2 successful pregnancies post 40. You can do this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Gymming  (01-10-2016),WinterJade  (30-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry and disappointed to hear what you are going through.
    I too am 42 and have a daughter from a round of IVF taken when I was also 38. I now only have one frozen embryo remaining from the same round of IVF age 38. I would be beyond devastated if this happened to me so I can relate to how you might be feeling.
    It's disgraceful! I really hope you are able to have a successful next round of IVF resulting in a second child.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VioletMay For This Useful Post:

Gymming  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no words to help. Im sooo sorry for ure loss xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymming View Post
    I was thinking of you as I was reading the media reports and I was thinking the exact same thing. The only thing I can think of to try and make you feel a little better about the situation is that technology has come a long way over the past 4 years. I would suggest that you have any new embryos you create genetically tested and insist that the cost of this be covered by the clinic. Doing this can save you a lot of time and heartache. I am also of the belief that your clinic should fund all your treatment until you are at the point of having two genetically normal embryos (as opposed to the suggestion in the media of a free repeat cycle).

I think you need to give this your best shot and hopefully you will end up with a baby at the end of this. In any case you will know that you did everything you could to try and make this happen.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Gymming  (01-10-2016),Kazzy36  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All your kind words have provided me considerable emotional support over the last 48 hours. I haven't been contacted by the clinic since the notification and there seems to be conflicting reports in the media about what the clinic proposes to offer to help. I'm trying to prepare now physically and emotionally for the next journey. Your suggestions on future cycles and some of your successes in pregancies in over 40's have provided me with some hope.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gymming For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (01-10-2016)