Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire1992 View Post
    Sorry it just came across that way. Yes my mil has asked for help as she doesn't want to sound old. So really not sure what to suggest. Thinking nan *initial* or something.
    Or like another poster mentioned something non traditional. Nansta! Okay that was a joke but there's no reason she can't choose something a bit different.

IMO I actually think Nanna sounds older than Grandma. If it were me I'd be choosing Gran.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Or like another poster mentioned something non traditional. Nansta! Okay that was a joke but there's no reason she can't choose something a bit different.

IMO I actually think Nanna sounds older than Grandma. If it were me I'd be choosing Gran.
    I want to see a little G'ma personally.

ETA. I just saw G-Dawg as a trendy Grandparents name on a website.
    Last edited by twinklify; 29-09-2016 at 16:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @twinklify Google! Lola is the Filipino word for grandmother and Pepe is French for grandfather. We are neither Filipino nor French haha but they liked the names. I like them too. DH thinks DD will get teased for it. Pfft

4. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My grandmothers were nanny ( dads mum) and nan ( mums mum) I've never heard the maternal grandmother gets Nanna before either - my mum is Nanna to all her grandchildren as that's what we called our grandmothers, MIL is grandma purely as DH had called both his grandmothers grandma as that's what their family is used too - wouldn't bother me in the slightest what anyone wanted to be called - as long as they were both fabulous grandmothers to your child I wouldn't think it would really matter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Closed per the OP's request.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345