+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How long?

Hi all,

On my third cycle of letrozole day 2-6. This month tried the trigger shot. Currently in the 2ww.

How long did you try OI for until moving on to something else? What is the next step?

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been trying for over 1year. DH 41 and I am 37. We are not planning to take any step. I believe it will happen naturally as they haven't found anything wrong with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends how old you are, how many children you want, and whether you're willing to consider using donor eggs if all else fails. Normally, there's a one in four chance of falling pregnant - so someone who's less than 35 should have around six months -12 months of trying before escalating. But if you're 36 or 37 and want more than one child you may want to escalate earlier to give yourself a better chance of conceiving number 2 baby. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When we went to our first FS she recommended 3 cycles of OI then move on. We were 29/30 at the time with unexplained infertility. Apparently this advice was based on the best evidence at the time (5 years ago).
    The next option was IUI or IVF - we went straight to IVF for a number of reasons.
    After 2 failed IVF cycles we found out some issues (immune factors, low ovarian reserve), once some other meds were added in the next cycle worked.
    I guess my point is - if it's not working start asking questions & get more tests, no point just continuing doing the same thing over & over.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summersmummy08 View Post
    Hi all,

On my third cycle of letrozole day 2-6. This month tried the trigger shot. Currently in the 2ww.

How long did you try OI for until moving on to something else? What is the next step?

Thanks!!
    I did 5 OI cycles (one with IUI). None worked. The first 2 were clomid and I didn't ovulate. The second 2 were FSH injections I did ovulate but bfn. The last was FSH injections + IUI. Still bfn. We then went to ivf did 1 stim cycle (OHSS so all embryos were frozen and we got 5). I then did an FSH OI cycle for my frozen transfer and now have a 15 month old DD. Our only problem was my lack of ovulation due to pcos.
    Have they confirmed you are ovulating? Are they sure that ovulation is the only problem?
    As pp said it depends on your age, how much time/money you want to invest in less invasive cycles. In hindsight I wish we hadn't bothered with the IUI cycle and gone straight to ivf. The clinic gave us the option but we decided to try IUI as we hoped to get away with a less invasive approach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I was lucky enough to only need 2 cycles of OI. First one I had a mc and the second I now have a newborn. Good luck xx