+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default SA Hubbers

Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Just got power back here. No mobile range still. It was so weird not being able to contact anyone. I just made a call not to go to work because childcare was closed due to no power so assumed school would be too. I decided to stay put and stay safe but was torn because of kids turned up or other teachers they'd have to do extra because I wasn't there iykwim?
    Safety first - always. At least you have wifi, can you text others with iPhones? Face time?

2 weeks without power in Roxby!? Wow! That is insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IMG_1475127966.140641.jpg

Somewhere out there from our back view is the ocean. Just took this now at 316pm.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (29-09-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Flood warning for tomorrow now. It never ends!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thoughts are still with you all.

Floods suck. I lost almost everything I had in the 2011 floods in Brisbane.

Just stay safe everyone xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Just got power back here. No mobile range still. It was so weird not being able to contact anyone. I just made a call not to go to work because childcare was closed due to no power so assumed school would be too. I decided to stay put and stay safe but was torn because of kids turned up or other teachers they'd have to do extra because I wasn't there iykwim?
    I had a similar dilemma. Power is all on but if the trains go down I can't get home and there were concerns of strong winds and flooding shutting down some lines. I left work early yesterday and I'm so glad I did as I would have been screwed when the trains went down. I decided to stay put today and did some work from home. Sent DS to childcare but it's round the corner from home so I would be able to go get him quickly if the power went out again. Got dinner organised for tonight and will bathe DS soon too just in case the hot water goes again too. The storm is on its way - hoping it's not too wild!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping for no road closures as ppl are driving from Melbourne to here. There's no damage here. The poor people who are affected and the ones who have to drive and work in this weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    I'm hoping for no road closures as ppl are driving from Melbourne to here. There's no damage here. The poor people who are affected and the ones who have to drive and work in this weather.
    If there are flood warnings then I would assume some roads would close from that.

Generally unless they are super damaged and/or flooded then they stay open. I would avoid driving unless needed though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm heading home to roxby tomorrow - currently there is no power, petrol, or phone service. Gonna do big dry goods shop before heading home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some bright news (pun intended) for us all in SA. Weather forecast for next Thursday is 27 and sunny. Just got to get through quite a few wet days in between!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (29-09-2016),babybeeno1  (29-09-2016),Redcorset  (29-09-2016)