+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thinking of you all. Stay safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had heaps of warning here, they told us to get prepared for the worst stom in 50 years, so we are fine at our place. Really feeling for the elderly, people with medical conditions, etc where it isnt as simple as torches and food. I have also heard of people stuck.in elevators in the city 😯 which would be absolute hell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Far out. I'm just back online as not only did the power go out Vodafone was down in my area for 3hrs too now that was scary. We don't have a landline. No power, no phone, and DH is away so I was by myself freaking out. Power came back on about 15 minutes ago for us so we were without for 4hrs. Power didn't bother me so much but no phone did. Hope everyone is getting power back on. How on earth can a whole state be without power
    Thing that freaks me out even more is they're saying tomorrow will be worse.
    Thanks for all the well wishes and for thinking of us here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies. We where up at flinders uni for DS1 appt when the power went. They evacuated the entire place apparently ? Not sure. Drive home was fun but glad my dad was with me as I hate driving in this weather. DP already had all the torches and candles out ready to go. Glad I have gas so we still had a hot dinner. The winds will interesting tonight as I'm at the top of a hill on the low side of the street and my house gets the full force of storms. Have already got 2 ins claims in for the last 2 storms we've had. Ds1 sleeping in with us.
    @gingermille if you need anything please let me know as your a 10min drive from us roughly as I know what it's like to be home alone with a little one and horrible weather outside

Our weather report has made to NY where my sister lives she's just Msged me to see how we all are

As for the power issue it was on the interconnector on the border up north. DP best made is a lines man for etsa

Stay safe tonight ladies

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (28-09-2016),harvs  (28-09-2016),Redcorset  (28-09-2016),witherwings  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Thank you ladies. We where up at flinders uni for DS1 appt when the power went. They evacuated the entire place apparently ? Not sure. Drive home was fun but glad my dad was with me as I hate driving in this weather. DP already had all the torches and candles out ready to go. Glad I have gas so we still had a hot dinner. The winds will interesting tonight as I'm at the top of a hill on the low side of the street and my house gets the full force of storms. Have already got 2 ins claims in for the last 2 storms we've had. Ds1 sleeping in with us.
    @gingermille if you need anything please let me know as your a 10min drive from us roughly as I know what it's like to be home alone with a little one and horrible weather outside

Our weather report has made to NY where my sister lives she's just Msged me to see how we all are

As for the power issue it was on the interconnector on the border up north. DP best made is a lines man for etsa

Stay safe tonight ladies
    Thank you that's really kind. I am ok now I have a phone! What on earth did we do without Internet I like being disconnected from the world but on my terms lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was weird having no power as well as no phone or Internet. I did feel a bit lost. We had fun with the kids playing games and seeing them use their imagination was great. @harvs where you are looks pretty bad, stay safe tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been without power at home for 5 days during the last Sydney storms so I know how awful it is, especially with small kids. It wasn't state-wide though!

How is everyone doing this morning?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Far out. I'm just back online as not only did the power go out Vodafone was down in my area for 3hrs too now that was scary. We don't have a landline. No power, no phone, and DH is away so I was by myself freaking out. Power came back on about 15 minutes ago for us so we were without for 4hrs. Power didn't bother me so much but no phone did. Hope everyone is getting power back on. How on earth can a whole state be without power
    Thing that freaks me out even more is they're saying tomorrow will be worse.
    Thanks for all the well wishes and for thinking of us here
    All of this! I had no power to charge my phone until we realised we could use a laptop then no phone coverage no power. It's an absolute joke.

Hospitals all have back up generators but I did hear of some nursing homes that didn't.

Lucky I knew where our matches were from DSs birthday party! Lucky too I bought one of those light boxes you out letters in to make messages for his party and that was battery powered so that really helped with light in the house.

I work on level 11 of a CBD building and the first day in about a year I chose to wear heels to work I had to walk down 11 flights of stairs to get out. I'm so glad I wasn't stuck in the lift.

I left just after 4pm because we had no power at work, to get DS who was at my parents (a 25 minute drive to the beach) and only 1 set of CBD lights had a police officer directing traffic and 1 was working in the suburbs but the rest of the lights were out.

I was very impressed with how all the drivers were careful, driving slow and we all managed to take it in turns at the lights of some pretty major intersections without lights.

In the way back home (another 25-30 minute drive home) still no lights and traffic was bumper to bumper hardly moving (so between 5 and 5:30) so I managed to get onto some side streets and got home pretty quickly but everything was like a ghost town, no lights, hardly and people or cars and shops all empty. It was the same in town - no power in the entire CBD at all and shops were pitch black.

It was all very surreal but we are all okay, just a little inconvenienced.

Harvs those images were very scary!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @A-Squared sounds like you had a not so fun time getting home.

I've kept DS1 home from school as an incase if the wind picks up. DP had one of his workers msg him asking where they are today (builder), he laughed Msged back reminding no work today mind you he has gone out to check on his sites to see if ok.

Only casualty we have is the great white shark from the pool is now on dry land

The sea is white with waves and the trees are going sideways

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad yor all okay. It's just crazy I don't understand...

Apparently RAH and flinders had no power

Kids and adults with disabilities were asking for generators who were on ventilators I am outraged! How can this happen?