+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toddler board on pram

Has anyone got a toddler board attached to their pram ? Are they good? Planning on getting one for my city mini gt but wondering if just a waste of money.. Toddler will be 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got one for our holiday to seaworld it was great 3.5 year old rode on it the whole time we have the one that can be a chair or just the board. The only problem i have is i am 5'3 and my back was hurting from leaning over and trying not to kick the board as we walked. In the end hubby was one side of the pram i was on the other. It certainly beat carrying her while bub was in the pram.

Would i use it everyday no. But for big trips yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks cazza. So for everyday like at shops does your toddler just walk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. Our 2nd was born when our 1st was nearly 3. I've always encouraged the eldest to walk, but she did use it quite a bit at the time. These days (she's 4), I only really take the board if we're going for a long walk. In that case she usually needs to walk on the way there, and can ride on the way back. Or if I need to get around somewhere really quickly.

I'm glad we had it, although I bought ours second hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got the Ezi Rider. I used it occasionally when DS2 was a newborn, but haven't used it for ages now. It was okay with a capsule, but once DS2 started using a stroller seat there wasn't much space for DS1 behind, and he couldn't see much. The board made walking awkward because I kept kicking it, and it overbalanced a couple of times (sending DS1 to the ground). Going down our very steep street, the articulation point between the stroller and board meant the back wheels or the stroller would come off the ground if I didn't push down.

That being said, DS1 enjoyed riding on it.

These days I throw them both (now 3 and 1 yo) in a trolley at the shops, and try to make DS1 walk anywhere else. Some shops now have trolleys with seats for two kids - wonderful idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had one for my citymini and found it really awkward to walk with.

Can you take your pram into a babystore and 'try' one with your child standing on the board

Thanks
    Reviews
    I decided a toddler board was too awkward on the city mini gt. My 2 year old can just manage to sit on the ledge above the front wheel, so she does that if she doesn't want to walk. If I need her contained, I pop her on my back in a toddler Tula. She loves it, we play "horsies". If you have a small 4 year old or have a strong core, this could be an option for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. Makes me think now if I waste my money really.. Hmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one and it's great (ezi rider), but I have a bugaboo bee with a long extendable handle and I'm short so only have a short stride. DH finds it annoying as he's really tall and has a long stride, so he ends up kicking it and has to walk to one side.

So I think it depends on a few factors...

If you go to a baby shop they should let you try one out with your pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one, works really well for us. Ours folds up when not in use & can fold pram up with it still on. Look on gumtree for a 2nd hand one, or when you're done with yours sell it. Then it's not such a big outlay if you don't like it.