+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anxiety- 8 weeks pregnant

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there experiencing anxiety and panick attacks?

My husband and I planned on having a baby but since finding out I have been in a constant state of panick which has required several trips to the doctors, ED and to my psychiatrist.

I'm struggling to leave the house and had several days off work (I work as a nurse).

I have been prescribed valium and am already on zoloft for existing panick disorder.

I have no idea why I'm freaking out so bad!! Before I had the valium I did not sleep for 5 nights straight and couldn't sleep at all during the day. I basically just paced the house freaking out!

I'm hoping it gets better but I'd like to hear other peoples experiences! This is my first pregnancy also.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think as a nurse you should know that being prescribed Valium and Zoloft while pregnant is a no no for the health of an unborn child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no that sounds rough you poor thing. Do you know what is making you anxious? Is it worrying about the pregnancy or is it the the reality of having a baby? It's normal to have some level of anxiousness in my opinion as its a huge thing you are going through! I used to panic about not being ready to be a mum and thinking I couldn't do it. But then all of those thoughts faded when I met my beautiful baby.

I took Zoloft through most of my pregnancy which helped me. I really hope you can find a way to manage the anxiety, it sounds like you have help and support which is super important.
    Big hugs, it's a hard road but it's all worth it in the end xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I think as a nurse you should know that being prescribed Valium and Zoloft while pregnant is a no no for the health of an unborn child
    I would ask that you consider longer before posting something like this. The OP is struggling and this will not help. If she isn't sleeping and panicking constantly that isn't good for her baby. Many women take these medications in pregnancy and her doctors will have considered this before prescribing it.

Good luck OP. Sometimes pregnancy hormones really affect mental health, I think the maternity hospital mental health units would have more specific programs to help you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Kazzy36  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went through some really rough times earlier in pregnancy too. I probably have an underlying anxiety disorder (but not diagnosed), & up until maybe 20 weeks things felt way out of control. I am an older first time mum - which I've been told by my midwife can be significant when talking about anxiety and mental health. I ended up developing hallucinations where i could actually see myself - like an out of body experience - and i saw myself in multiple situations dying. It scared the daylights out of me!

I joined the Beyond Blue forums and looked at their specific pregnancy and mental health pages. I downloaded their App called mind the bump - it is meditation to help you relax and connect with baby.

Has the valium helped you to relax? Have you had a review of your zoloft dose?