+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ok, I'm all paid up with my new donor, waiting for screening etc. hopefully it will be a fairly fast process and without incident from here on in. Still aiming for a Jan transfer.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (17-10-2016),Lolly99  (14-10-2016),mardicharli  (14-10-2016),midnite01  (14-10-2016),Minniemin  (14-10-2016),Sunnygirl04  (14-10-2016),Tittle  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    @EmmaJane75 thanks - how are you going love?
    I'm doing well. That surprise natural pregnancy I had last year, 3 months prior to our second planned go at ED in SA, ended up in a live healthy baby boy! 3 months after his birth and I am still pinching myself as he truly was a miracle for us. So, that's it for us, I'm happy just to have the one as we were one ED away from throwing in the towel when this happened anyway.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread to see how you go in Jan.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (17-10-2016),Cathy69  (14-10-2016),emski72  (14-10-2016),mardicharli  (14-10-2016),Minniemin  (14-10-2016),Tittle  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    My husband and I are heading over to Cape town for your first cycle at the end of November. Just wondering if anyone can recommend good accomdation?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mentioned a little earlier in the thread that when I went, I stayed i private cottage accommodation (a bit like AirBnB concept) in Constantia (wine area 10 mins drive from CFC). The 2 places I stayed were:-
    Oaklea Cottage http://www.capestay.co.za/oakleacottage/
    Bellevue Cottage http://www.bellevuecottage.co.za/

And I couldn't have been happier. If you are concerned about security (I wasn't but...) both had security alarms and are in compounds surrounded by high fences and electronic gates, like so much of the private 'better' housing in Cape Town.

Good luck with it all - I know it feels a little overwhelming at this stage but don't worry about it, it is easy ! (I am sitting here looking at my sleeping twin DD and DS who started life at CFC. )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #14

Hi @Kate83, sounds like we'll be there around the same time..
    My first time to CFC but I've been to Cape Town twice, it's gorgeous- this time we have gone through airbnb and staying near De Waterkant.
    Green Point, Camps Bay and the Waterfront are also nice - if you scroll back through the last thread I know there have been lots of other recommendations made - some of the girls here like The Vineyard which I think is close to the clinic.
    All the best lovely xxx
    Last edited by Minniemin; 14-10-2016 at 20:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Minniemin; 14-10-2016 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    Just ducking back in here to say a big congrats to MrsErinR!! How far you have come since we were on the TTC over 38 thread. I'm so very happy for you that your family is now complete!

Also Emski, best of luck for your upcoming trip to SA, wishing you all the best for the cycle. X
    Thanks @EmmaJane75. I miss some of the lovely ladies from that group. It was a great thread while it lasted.

Congratulations on the arrival of your little boy too.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. I haven't popped into this thread for awhile as my first de cycle was a complete bomb so I've been gathering myself for another one last attempt. I'm trying to get a quote from cfc at the moment so I can access my super again and have sent 3 emails over two weeks and not one reply. I'm getting worried that a. They don't want to help me b. All of a sudden they're not getting my emails (doubtful) c. They don't work there anymore. It's Karin and DrLR. Anyone else having issues at the moment? In the past they've been great replying pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Hi ladies. I haven't popped into this thread for awhile as my first de cycle was a complete bomb so I've been gathering myself for another one last attempt. I'm trying to get a quote from cfc at the moment so I can access my super again and have sent 3 emails over two weeks and not one reply. I'm getting worried that a. They don't want to help me b. All of a sudden they're not getting my emails (doubtful) c. They don't work there anymore. It's Karin and DrLR. Anyone else having issues at the moment? In the past they've been great replying pretty quickly.
    The other nurse Elaine was away for 2 weeks and Karin was filling in for her. Personally I'd switch to Elaine, I've found Karin sporadic at best since 2013.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    I'm doing well. That surprise natural pregnancy I had last year, 3 months prior to our second planned go at ED in SA, ended up in a live healthy baby boy! 3 months after his birth and I am still pinching myself as he truly was a miracle for us. So, that's it for us, I'm happy just to have the one as we were one ED away from throwing in the towel when this happened anyway.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread to see how you go in Jan.
    Brilliant @EmmaJane75 I'm so happy for you x