+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #14

Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Thanks Minniemin. When you hear back from them, would you mind posting whether or not you were successful, please? I'd be really interested to know. One of the ladies on the Egg Donor Australia site said that your money is only released for use in Australia, but then I've heard that others have been successful, so I'm just so confused about it all. We're definitely going to use Supercare as they seem to know what they're doing and what is needed. We haven't made a decision as to whether or not we'll go overseas, but my husband is most definitely in favour of that option. I'm happy to start researching clinics and costs, but don't want to spend all that time and effort on it if we can't possibly get the funds, as we just don't have the money in the bank.
    Whilst I'm typing, may I ask you what sort of money we're talking about if we decided to go to SA? It's just really difficult to know how much we need to ask for. Also, are you able to choose your donor or is one chosen for you?
    Many thanks Minniemin.
    I am going thru CFC in Cape Town for my DE cycle. You need to allow

$7 k for clinic DE cycle costs (includes fee to donor)
    $2k approx for donor egg agency fee
    $2k flights per person approx depending on where u flying from
    Few thousand for accomodation food etc for up to 12 nights accomodation in Sa.. Though it can be as shorter if u monitor and get drugs in Oz.
    Up to $500 for drugs for you if you follow CFC std protocol
    If you need donor sperm.. You will need to factor in also. I shipped 2 vials from Xytex in USA at a cost of $3k ! So my first child will be a half sibling to the upcoming Bub. Local sperm is available and is a lot cheaper but is also anonymous donation too.

Frozen cycles when you return for your frosties, the clinic cost is approx $800.. Plus medication.

Hope this helps

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (25-09-2016),MysticFalls  (24-11-2016),siansmum  (25-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #13

@siansmum I would call Supercare directly to have a chat with them - they can then give you the answers you are looking for. It's a small team and they are very helpful. You definitely CAN access your super for an o/s DE cycle and they will tell you exactly what is required.
    You will need some money up front though - part of the requirements are a letter from your chosen clinic, along with your donor agency. I'm not sure whether they'd agree to this unless you'd paid your agency fee and clinic deposit.
    I know you don't want to waste time, but I would highly recommend you do have a look through the various donor agency websites. They are full of information about prices, procedures, personal accounts and of course, the donors, which you can look at by requesting a password. Main agencies are gift ov life, nurture and aBabySA - but there are several more. This will give you a better understanding of the process - I found the research helped confirm my decision that this is what we needed to do.
    In the beginning it does all seem a bit overwhelming, but the more knowledge you can gain, the more you will be able to make informed decisions. I wish you all the very best luv.
    And yes, you do choose your donor in SA. xxxx
    Last edited by Minniemin; 25-09-2016 at 18:55.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-09-2016),mardicharli  (25-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SA graduates

Hi ladies,
    i am just wondering if there is another thread I could join, for parents of ED bubs thru SA. I have a 19 month old baby who was conceived through egg donation in Sth Africa.
    i would love to connect with other parents who have been on the same/similiar journey.
    TIA

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillie For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (18-10-2016),mardicharli  (10-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Not on here @Lillie but there is a Facebook group

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lillie  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Search for egg donor angels parents of South African conceived children and it will show up

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lillie  (26-09-2016),Lolly99  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Search for egg donor angels parents of South African conceived children and it will show up
    Em, you are such a guru!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Lillie  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emski, was there a group on bub hub for - parenting over 40 ivf/de
    i do recall reading long, this was well over a year plus ago.
    thanks again xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Have pmed you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lillie  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following