Closed Thread
Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge hoping that you guys got lots of lovely eggs xxx
    @Rosie8888 we did! Dr N said more than 10 and i didnt ask how many coz i didnt care??? bizarre but true. I know more than 10 is what tgey hope for and its more than i could ever produce. I know ive chosen the option most likely to work, so i truly feel like there is nothing more i can do, which is a weight off my mind. (P.s. i swear to god, i think i saw my donor in the clinic! Coz i know my donor had to be at the clinic at the same day as me and dh had to be there for him to give his sample and they do the egg pick up at the actual clinic under light sedation. So anyway, in the waiting room there were 2 couples - me and dh, and another couple with the lady having blonde hair. Then the only other people in the waiting room was a single lady who I s h i t you not, looked exactly like me! And another single lady with blonde hair that looked heaps like the blonde lady from the other couple. Dr N came out to us and said hello and that he would see us soon and that he was busy doing egg pick ups. Then went straight over to the single lady that looked like me and she went with him. I figured theyd find someone with brown hair, weight/height and skin tone like me but i never thought theyd be able to find someone with a similar face to me, iykwim. Amazing, and im gonna believe it was anyway, even if it wasnt :-) I find out tomorrow how fertilisation went and hopefully I'll have a transfer on monday :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge good luck for mondays transfer xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (30-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Ladies, just a quick question. If my EPU happens to fall on a Saturday, does Wazza do pickups then or will he try and get me to EPU on Friday or push it out to monday?
    I can't recall if it is Monday or Tuesday we should avoid for EPU if you want to do day 5d pgd testing(think it is Tuesday). I think the EPU date will depends on individual cases, last time he pushed my EPU out by 1 day to grow more eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, just a quick question. If my EPU happens to fall on a Saturday, does Wazza do pickups then or will he try and get me to EPU on Friday or push it out to monday?
    He doesn't do EPU on Saturday or Sunday. If you want PGD EPU needs to be Tues to Fri. This cycle my EPU would've been around Sat/Sun so Warren kept me on Synarel for longer before starting stims. This made the timing correct.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newbeginnings284 For This Useful Post:

Btae  (01-10-2016),Chyna  (01-10-2016),Gagingi  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Btae and @newbeginnings284. I didn't realise he calculates it before he gives the go ahead. Ok that's great, I might raise it with his nurse, cos AF is due on a Monday or Tuesday in a few weeks.

Also, he only does PGD on an embryo that's been inseminated, right? Genea told me they can also do PGD on ivf embryos (not injected with icsi).. I always thought that they couldn't do that because a lot of sperm DNA touch the egg...
    We did icsi on all my embryos for pgd testing with both Monash and qfg

In terms of EPU time, just tell the nurse that you only want to go ahead of 5d pgd, they will align your dates.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Chyna @Rosie8888 Greece is lovely, we've been having a great time. Its 6:30am here and we are wide awake. Epu is today so we are excited to get the show underway. Thanks for thinking of me xox
    That's awesome to hear honey hope all went well with epu? Been offline for a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    GG sorry to hear about the dh sperm issue, I totally get the shocking feeling and disappointment. Looking at the positive, two great day 3 embies onboard which have great chances to be two + sticky beans, a caring and fantastic fs who is thinking ahead of the game, and a plan z if things don't work out. Is your dh on warren supplements to boost sperm quality? We face sperm quality issues as most of our embryos dropped from day 4 onwards but I am hoping with dh being on wazza supplements the quality has improved a little over time.

Relax and focus on the moment. Like you said before, you will deal with whatever hurdles that universe throws at you and I have no doubt you will bring home the bub you truly deserve in no time. Hugs dear.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (02-10-2016),pingc383  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge I can't see your post . Hope you get your golden egg xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did your DP/DH give a sperm sample when you guys saw Wazza? Something called a FISH test, but I'm worried about that one cos he last released ejaculate 8 days earlier, so I'm not sure it will be very accurate, but Wazza said to do it anyway. He didn't offer any other tests.. I honesty think Wazza thinks it's my eggs, not DH's sperm.. I'll ask him next time I'm up there.

Did you get any of the bloods/etc results? I'm not having another consult as I'll be starting a cycle shortly.. Not sure if he gives the results out now or whether we go back for the "what do we do now" appointment if we get a bfn...

I'm curious to know if my DH is a cystic fibrosis carrier..

When are you cycling with him hun? We may be cycle buddies I'm starting around 19 Oct!
    @pingc383 Wazza always checks out both partners. He identified a couple of issues with my DH that had been missed by our first FS. We both have issues. I expect he'll give you the results when you next see him - presumably when you are cycling - and he'll incorporate any findings into his treatment plan. At the cycle appointment he'll usually do a scan and then sit down with you to discuss your plan and any questions. Sometimes the appointments are very brief, but other times can be longer. He does often run behind in the mornings, but most patients expect that and are fine with it. After all, most of us have had a longer appointment at some point when cycling. After seeing Wazza you see his nurse as well and she'll go over his instructions. We didn't do failed cycle appointments, but went straight into the next cycle. Although one time I was upset and the girls at QFG sent me in to see Wazza's nurse about weaning off medication (I think it was when I had to have a break over Christmas) and I ended up seeing Wazza and he did up a plan for my next cycle - he is so lovely. He just fitted me in after his morning cycle appointments (for an hour) at no charge.

I'm stunned your previous FS didn't check for cystic fibrosis - how slack!