Closed Thread
Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StillHopeful View Post
    Heyside and Mummymaybe, just stopping by to wish you all the luck and good fortune in the world for this cycle. Let it be the happy ending to a very long road full of such heartaches that no one should ever endure. I have you in my thoughts and always come back to check in. I cannot wait to congratulate you both.

Good luck to everyone else too, of course. May you have your sticky BFPs and babes in arms before you know it xoxo
    Oh so nice to hear from you, thanks for checkinh in with us hun. Hope your little man in doing well. Thanks for your support, I have met so many lovely ladies on bubhub who are so supportive, whatever happens I will never forget the support I have had x

Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Ladies.. I'm still confused about EPU and 5 day PGD. Is the lab closed over the weekend even tho Wazza works on Saturdays? It's looking like tomorrow may be CD2, which means EPU is likely to be on a Monday. Now, 5 days from Monday is Saturday. Is that bad? I'm sure @Btae said Tuesday was better, but then 5 days from that is Sunday or do they grow out to day 6, being Monday?

I'm probably too ahead of myself.. I may not have any growing to day 5... Just trying to understand why EPU has to be between Tues-Friday when 5 days from Mon is Sat and QFG is open on a Sat if Wazza is there on a Sat!
    Yes hun the lab will not do the pgd testing at all over the weekend they are only open for transfers on a Saturday. Warren isn't happy with this either he wiuld have the lab open if he could. I wouldn't count on your epu being so many days along in your cycle some of mine have been longer than others, each cycle is different. Tuesday is a better day for epu as yes they can grow them out until day 6 which is ok, unfortunately I usually need 6 days anyway for them to reach blast.

Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Thanks @StillHopeful it's a tough journey but it will be worth it.

With a bit of luck and Wazza magic I think @Heyside and I will be DIG buddies.
    Now that would be a great achievement hun. Shows me how much I dont know though just had to look up what you meant by DIG buddies not use to anything other than ttc acronyms lol!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Good luck Heyside and Mummymaybe!!!
    Thanks hun where are you up to at the moment am I right in thinking your getting ready to transfer your beautiful embie soon?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Grace1  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside wishing you lots of luck this cycle. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 - When you have an appointment wit Warren hun just run it all by him and see what he says my embryos usually have griw out until day 6 anyway, we are all indivudual cases, just see what he says. Yes my intralipids are booked in for next Friday and hopefully when I see Charlotte on Saturday I will get the go ahead to start meds. Good luck hun hopefully its a good cycle for you x

Thanks @Rosie8888

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Grace1  (20-10-2016),Rosie8888  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 yeah I was surprised it came so quickly but happy the busty cycle is over!
    Have you heard from Dr M?
    @Grace1 yay cycle buddies, maybe we will go up around the same time!
    @mummymaybe i know! Honestly I don't think I will meet another doc who does scan at 5/6am, how lucky I am to have him as my fs. Good luck with EPU and a decent number of good quality eggs!
    @Heyside ohhh is that due to lucrin? I think I won't be asked to go anywhere near lucrin again lol. How are you going hun?

I will be flying up for scratch and flush around mid Nov.

Hi to everyone else

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Grace1  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Btae I think it's great but my appointment is the earliest one I've ever had after seeing him for nearly 2 years. At least I'll be at work on time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Btae - Yes hun the lucrin acts by shutting your ovaries off therefore making you ovulate and bringing on af, the only way yo keep af away is by adding in a truck load of progesterone if you go to transfer. Unfortunately I have to use it a lot as I am usually at risk of over stimulation. Its worked well for you this time tnough as its allowed you to get started again asap. Not long to wait until mid Nov hope it comes around quick for you.
    @mummymaybe - I love the early appointments even if it does mean I sometimes have to leave house at 4am to get there 😪. Had to laugh the other day my appointment for Saturday is 6.45 and DH's response was gosh thats early where as I giggled and said I thought that was late in comparison to my 5.30 appointments haha!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (20-10-2016),Grace1  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is at 5:10!!! I do like the early appointments but hubby hates them. He is threatening to wear his pjs.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (20-10-2016),Grace1  (20-10-2016),Heyside  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update - We've been encouraged to do another banking cycle at my old clinic before testing day 1 embies we have as they suspect due to my age that we won't get any normals (they reckon on average 1/8 is normal, and less as you get older)... And we've only got 7 out of three cycles (our fertilisation rates dropped terribly in the past year maybe due to using frozen soerm )

So looks like might not stim with Charlotte til next year (unless we squeeze in one in Dec before they go on leave)... Little sad about that today, partly as the clock is ticking and also that will cost more in new year as threshold starts again and want to see what results their cocktail will bring!

I'm going be sneaky with my meds and give myself bigger doses (since Charlotte prescribed 600 units and I've only been on 300). If we do decide to proceed I will likely start in next couple days...antagonist cycle...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ange1111 For This Useful Post:

Grace1  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 I read something about them maybe being able to do a day3 embie but costs more...and not as good @Grace1 any luck with ovulation? @Btae and @mummymaybe I spoke with them today and they told me they open that early - omg!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ange1111 For This Useful Post:

Grace1  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Hun, I have been told and have read day 1 or day 3 PGD are very unreliable.. How did you end up back with your old FS?
    Me too. If the test you mean is pgd/pgs Day 5 is the best day to extract a cell as an embies has 100+cells on day 5, blasties are rapidly expanding/dividing so the cells go from 8, x8 to 64, then 64x64 etc... Taking a cell from a day 3 emby is like taking 1 cell out of 8 and i dont even know how theyd do a day 1 because theyd be taking 1 cell from 2, which is like extracting 1/2 the embryo ??? (Id ask about this on the over 40s thread and see what other people reckon too)