Closed Thread
Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #5

Quote Originally Posted by newbeginnings284 View Post
    Hi ladies,

A few people were talking about DHEA - I'm not sure who exactly to direct this to but I can only say my experience. After being on DHEA, melatonin and COQ10 for 3 months my 1st cycle with Warren (IVF take 2) so much better than my 1st cycle with another FS. With the other I got 10 eggs, 4 mature, 1 made it to day 6 and was abnormal. With Warren I got 7 eggs, 6 mature 4 made it to day 5 PGD and 3 are.
    Good luck with EPU this Friday, fx wazza getting u many golden eggs!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

A few people were talking about DHEA - I'm not sure who exactly to direct this to but I can only say my experience. After being on DHEA, melatonin and COQ10 for 3 months my 1st cycle with Warren (IVF take 2) so much better than my 1st cycle with another FS. With the other I got 10 eggs, 4 mature, 1 made it to day 6 and was abnormal. With Warren I got 7 eggs, 6 mature 4 made it to day 5 PGD and 3 are normal. I'm now doing a back to back banking cycle. EPU is scheduled for Fri and WDA thinks I'll get 20 eggs!! Unheard of compared to last cycles and my levels. I dont know if it's from DHEA (now been on for 5 months) or what but something has changed!!! Will keep you posted on quality - slightly freaked out that more will mean bad quality but I have everything crossed!!

I did read that DHEA needs at least 3 months to assist. I personally am glad I took it for so long.
    Thanks so much for your post! Did you have any bad side affects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Using FSH for a frozen transfer? I didn't know that was done? Not that I know...just Clexane injection and some tablets and a gel. Ok thank you

Yes well with me I do some FSH as my linings poor but that's a whole other story ☺ I just asked as the FSH changes the protocol to more like a stim cycle but last year I did standard FET cycles though (pre ruined lining) and transfer was usually day 19 approx.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #4

Still not able to book in an intralipid with dr m or wazza, the nurse just told me that it is too early to do it on cd6 which is this Friday. Dr M is busy until next Sat 8/10 so I was planning to fly up for scan, see warren to discuss plan and do intralipid.

For those doing stim with transfer with immune issue, did you get intralipid treatment on day 6 to 10 and again on EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Btae I did intralipids at St Andrews CD6-10 and then again at the day hospital at EPU. It takes about 4 hours at St A, but only takes 2-3 hours at the day hospital as they don't have the speed-limited machines. Warren's office will book intralipids for you at St A and usually they can fit this around when you see him, as it's just up the road. The nurses at St A are lovely too and very supportive.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Btae  (28-09-2016),Grace1  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls , I've been catching up on recent posts. It's great to hear so many of you are about to start cycles with Warren and Charlotte. During my cycles I had a lot of the worries you guys are mentioning. What I found was that Warren tailors everything, which makes predicting EPU and ET days difficult, but means your cycle has the best chance of succeeding. He doesn't push you through to make his life easier, he tweaks until he has the best response from your body. He changed my FSH by 25 units one cycle and sometimes a cycle was 5 days of stimming and another was 12. He'll keep getting you back for BT/scans until you are ready for EPU/FET. He'll cancel a cycle if your body is not responding and with my FET had me do a BT that morning to determine if we'd proceed.

With DHEA, I have PCOS and had heard contradictory advice about taking it. I talked to Warren about it and in my case his considered opinion was that it would be helpful and I took it for 6 months (excluding when stimming and TWWs). I didn't have any side effects that I'd attribute directly to it. I was quite unwell/toxic on the combo of drugs, but my eggs improved the longer I was on Wazza's magical pharmacy. With any worries I'd check with Warren at one of the many scanning appointments, or ring in between.

With FSH combos I'd read articles on some being detrimental to older eggs, but again spoke to Warren and he was happy to discuss his rationale for what he prescribed and it worked. I found down regging didn't work for me, so we didn't do that again. I only started seeing Warren when I was 42.5, so time was a huge stressor.

Charlotte is our OB and we also saw her when Warren was away at times. I'd recommend with both of them that you ask about any worries and either follow their plan to the letter, or be transparent with them about deciding against something. From my experience they are both fine with questions and incredibly patient.
    Good luck!!!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (28-09-2016),Btae  (28-09-2016),Chyna  (28-09-2016),LillyM  (28-09-2016),sumteng  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #5

Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Btae I did intralipids at St Andrews CD6-10 and then again at the day hospital at EPU. It takes about 4 hours at St A, but only takes 2-3 hours at the day hospital as they don't have the speed-limited machines. Warren's office will book intralipids for you at St A and usually they can fit this around when you see him, as it's just up the road. The nurses at St A are lovely too and very supportive.
    thanks, Gagingi, I will check with nurse again why they are suggesting day 6 to 10 one is no longer required

Love your post about warren and charlotte, I hope he will bring me the successful cycle one day. Thanks for sharing xoxo
    Last edited by Btae; 28-09-2016 at 00:26.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    . Just subbing in. Hi everyone :-)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Btae  (28-09-2016),Chyna  (28-09-2016),Grace1  (28-09-2016),LillyM  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Hi girls , I've been catching up on recent posts. It's great to hear so many of you are about to start cycles with Warren and Charlotte. During my cycles I had a lot of the worries you guys are mentioning. What I found was that Warren tailors everything, which makes predicting EPU and ET days difficult, but means your cycle has the best chance of succeeding. He doesn't push you through to make his life easier, he tweaks until he has the best response from your body. He changed my FSH by 25 units one cycle and sometimes a cycle was 5 days of stimming and another was 12. He'll keep getting you back for BT/scans until you are ready for EPU/FET. He'll cancel a cycle if your body is not responding and with my FET had me do a BT that morning to determine if we'd proceed.

With DHEA, I have PCOS and had heard contradictory advice about taking it. I talked to Warren about it and in my case his considered opinion was that it would be helpful and I took it for 6 months (excluding when stimming and TWWs). I didn't have any side effects that I'd attribute directly to it. I was quite unwell/toxic on the combo of drugs, but my eggs improved the longer I was on Wazza's magical pharmacy. With any worries I'd check with Warren at one of the many scanning appointments, or ring in between.

With FSH combos I'd read articles on some being detrimental to older eggs, but again spoke to Warren and he was happy to discuss his rationale for what he prescribed and it worked. I found down regging didn't work for me, so we didn't do that again. I only started seeing Warren when I was 42.5, so time was a huge stressor.

Charlotte is our OB and we also saw her when Warren was away at times. I'd recommend with both of them that you ask about any worries and either follow their plan to the letter, or be transparent with them about deciding against something. From my experience they are both fine with questions and incredibly patient.
    Good luck!!!
    Hi honey how are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    . Just subbing in. Hi everyone :-)
    Helloooo... How's Greece? Hope all is well honey xx