Closed Thread
Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 676
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked
    557
    Reviews
    0

    Exclamation Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #5

    Quote Originally Posted by newbeginnings284 View Post
    Hi ladies,

    A few people were talking about DHEA - I'm not sure who exactly to direct this to but I can only say my experience. After being on DHEA, melatonin and COQ10 for 3 months my 1st cycle with Warren (IVF take 2) so much better than my 1st cycle with another FS. With the other I got 10 eggs, 4 mature, 1 made it to day 6 and was abnormal. With Warren I got 7 eggs, 6 mature 4 made it to day 5 PGD and 3 are.
    Good luck with EPU this Friday, fx wazza getting u many golden eggs!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

    ange1111xxx  (28-09-2016)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked
    586
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newbeginnings284 View Post
    Hi ladies,

    A few people were talking about DHEA - I'm not sure who exactly to direct this to but I can only say my experience. After being on DHEA, melatonin and COQ10 for 3 months my 1st cycle with Warren (IVF take 2) so much better than my 1st cycle with another FS. With the other I got 10 eggs, 4 mature, 1 made it to day 6 and was abnormal. With Warren I got 7 eggs, 6 mature 4 made it to day 5 PGD and 3 are normal. I'm now doing a back to back banking cycle. EPU is scheduled for Fri and WDA thinks I'll get 20 eggs!! Unheard of compared to last cycles and my levels. I dont know if it's from DHEA (now been on for 5 months) or what but something has changed!!! Will keep you posted on quality - slightly freaked out that more will mean bad quality but I have everything crossed!!

    I did read that DHEA needs at least 3 months to assist. I personally am glad I took it for so long.
    Thanks so much for your post! Did you have any bad side affects?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked
    557
    Reviews
    0

    Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #4

    Still not able to book in an intralipid with dr m or wazza, the nurse just told me that it is too early to do it on cd6 which is this Friday. Dr M is busy until next Sat 8/10 so I was planning to fly up for scan, see warren to discuss plan and do intralipid.

    For those doing stim with transfer with immune issue, did you get intralipid treatment on day 6 to 10 and again on EPU?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Btae I did intralipids at St Andrews CD6-10 and then again at the day hospital at EPU. It takes about 4 hours at St A, but only takes 2-3 hours at the day hospital as they don't have the speed-limited machines. Warren's office will book intralipids for you at St A and usually they can fit this around when you see him, as it's just up the road. The nurses at St A are lovely too and very supportive.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Btae  (28-09-2016),Grace1  (27-09-2016)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls , I've been catching up on recent posts. It's great to hear so many of you are about to start cycles with Warren and Charlotte. During my cycles I had a lot of the worries you guys are mentioning. What I found was that Warren tailors everything, which makes predicting EPU and ET days difficult, but means your cycle has the best chance of succeeding. He doesn't push you through to make his life easier, he tweaks until he has the best response from your body. He changed my FSH by 25 units one cycle and sometimes a cycle was 5 days of stimming and another was 12. He'll keep getting you back for BT/scans until you are ready for EPU/FET. He'll cancel a cycle if your body is not responding and with my FET had me do a BT that morning to determine if we'd proceed.

    With DHEA, I have PCOS and had heard contradictory advice about taking it. I talked to Warren about it and in my case his considered opinion was that it would be helpful and I took it for 6 months (excluding when stimming and TWWs). I didn't have any side effects that I'd attribute directly to it. I was quite unwell/toxic on the combo of drugs, but my eggs improved the longer I was on Wazza's magical pharmacy. With any worries I'd check with Warren at one of the many scanning appointments, or ring in between.

    With FSH combos I'd read articles on some being detrimental to older eggs, but again spoke to Warren and he was happy to discuss his rationale for what he prescribed and it worked. I found down regging didn't work for me, so we didn't do that again. I only started seeing Warren when I was 42.5, so time was a huge stressor.

    Charlotte is our OB and we also saw her when Warren was away at times. I'd recommend with both of them that you ask about any worries and either follow their plan to the letter, or be transparent with them about deciding against something. From my experience they are both fine with questions and incredibly patient.
    Good luck!!!

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    ange1111xxx  (28-09-2016),Btae  (28-09-2016),Chyna  (28-09-2016),LillyM  (28-09-2016),sumteng  (28-09-2016)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked
    557
    Reviews
    0

    Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Btae I did intralipids at St Andrews CD6-10 and then again at the day hospital at EPU. It takes about 4 hours at St A, but only takes 2-3 hours at the day hospital as they don't have the speed-limited machines. Warren's office will book intralipids for you at St A and usually they can fit this around when you see him, as it's just up the road. The nurses at St A are lovely too and very supportive.
    thanks, Gagingi, I will check with nurse again why they are suggesting day 6 to 10 one is no longer required

    Love your post about warren and charlotte, I hope he will bring me the successful cycle one day. Thanks for sharing xoxo
    Last edited by Btae; 28-09-2016 at 00:26.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

    Gagingi  (28-09-2016)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    985
    Thanks
    2,149
    Thanked
    3,876
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    . Just subbing in. Hi everyone :-)

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

    Btae  (28-09-2016),Chyna  (28-09-2016),Grace1  (28-09-2016),LillyM  (28-09-2016)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    1,597
    Thanked
    730
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Hi girls , I've been catching up on recent posts. It's great to hear so many of you are about to start cycles with Warren and Charlotte. During my cycles I had a lot of the worries you guys are mentioning. What I found was that Warren tailors everything, which makes predicting EPU and ET days difficult, but means your cycle has the best chance of succeeding. He doesn't push you through to make his life easier, he tweaks until he has the best response from your body. He changed my FSH by 25 units one cycle and sometimes a cycle was 5 days of stimming and another was 12. He'll keep getting you back for BT/scans until you are ready for EPU/FET. He'll cancel a cycle if your body is not responding and with my FET had me do a BT that morning to determine if we'd proceed.

    With DHEA, I have PCOS and had heard contradictory advice about taking it. I talked to Warren about it and in my case his considered opinion was that it would be helpful and I took it for 6 months (excluding when stimming and TWWs). I didn't have any side effects that I'd attribute directly to it. I was quite unwell/toxic on the combo of drugs, but my eggs improved the longer I was on Wazza's magical pharmacy. With any worries I'd check with Warren at one of the many scanning appointments, or ring in between.

    With FSH combos I'd read articles on some being detrimental to older eggs, but again spoke to Warren and he was happy to discuss his rationale for what he prescribed and it worked. I found down regging didn't work for me, so we didn't do that again. I only started seeing Warren when I was 42.5, so time was a huge stressor.

    Charlotte is our OB and we also saw her when Warren was away at times. I'd recommend with both of them that you ask about any worries and either follow their plan to the letter, or be transparent with them about deciding against something. From my experience they are both fine with questions and incredibly patient.
    Good luck!!!
    Hi honey how are you going?

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    1,597
    Thanked
    730
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    . Just subbing in. Hi everyone :-)
    Helloooo... How's Greece? Hope all is well honey xx

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked
    253
    Reviews
    0
    @gorgeousgeorge how are you Hun ? How's the beautiful weather and drinks ? Xx


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1228
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 13:16
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-04-2016, 08:29
  3. Replies: 976
    Last Post: 30-01-2016, 10:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Be In Blossom
Keen to up the intensity of your exercise after having your baby but unsure how? New physio-led Bootcamp Workshops aim to bridge the gap between low and high intensity training, teaching ways to reduce pelvic floor load in gym and bootcamp settings.
featured supporter
Innovations Sports Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer Post Natal Pilates Classes taken by our Physios. These classes help you rebuild strength through your Core and Pelvic Floor.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!