+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF and BMI

Hi I'm just new to the forum wondering if anyone has had a very high BMI and still able to do IVF, I'm 41 & been trying to loose weight to do IVF for years with no luck. 18 years married and no baby. We had nearly adopted a few years ago but birth mum decided to keep baby so now time seems to be running out, I'm worried I'll be turned away trying for IVF my bmi is over 30 I just cannot shift my weight the more I try the more I actually gain! Worried this may stop me being a mum 😞 Anyone experienced this and done IVF ok?
    Last edited by CBee; 27-09-2016 at 20:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome!

At 41 with 18 years trying, go to a clinic now! Don't wait trying to lose weight.

Some clinics have BMI cutoffs - I recommend you just call a few close to you and ask.

Ps i don't think a BMI of 30 is *that* big. I did IVF with a BMI around there, and now have a bubba ☺

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most cut off at bmi of 35 so you should be ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much it's very disheartening as I started with IVF in 2010 and was under BMI but as was in public system by the time results were all done I had gone over BMI and never been able to get back down since due to stress which I was told wouldn't be any good if doing IVF so years later still in same situation but I will call round and see what different clinics offer here in Sydney