+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know if it's the right thing to say, but I have a friend who's mum isn't around anymore.

He always says that he wishes that his mum fought more, fought to show him the lesson of never giving up.

Don't give up. Life can be wonderful. Please don't give up. He loves you and needs you so.

Don't think that he'd be better off without you, it's simply not true.

Sending strength your way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (29-09-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wish I could take your pain away. Everyone needs their mum. everyone always needs their mum. Please keep going for your son. You can make it through one day at a time. I don't know what else to say, but I am here for you. I will share your load, I will hold you in my prayers, and I absolutely do mean that. There must be some light at the end of the tunnel, please keep going forward. hugs, marie.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh honey please don't do anything to yourself .

You are worth more than that and your son loves you and needs you more than you know!

Please know that I'm thinking of you and I wish I could support you in person !

Surely there is something or somewhere or someone who can help you.

You are not a lost cause

Sending you loads of love xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I'm not sure how could i help you because you are the only one that knows what you are going through.

There I few things I would try such as deep breathing and feeling your heart beat with your hands and at the same time with your eyes closed think of 3 things you are truly greatful for or really enjoyed in your life.

This has helped me when I felt the whole world is on my shoulders.

Also concentrating on what is good in life and what you have is very important.

Whatever we concentrate on that will be our focus...

change the focus and change the outcome.

if you need any other advice please ask... i can email you great info on how to better your state and life (hands on practical tips) from tony Robbins seminar i have attended recently.

xoxo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ILKANDMT For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ILKANDMT View Post
    Hi there,

I'm not sure how could i help you because you are the only one that knows what you are going through.

There I few things I would try such as deep breathing and feeling your heart beat with your hands and at the same time with your eyes closed think of 3 things you are truly greatful for or really enjoyed in your life.

This has helped me when I felt the whole world is on my shoulders.

Also concentrating on what is good in life and what you have is very important.

Whatever we concentrate on that will be our focus...

change the focus and change the outcome.

if you need any other advice please ask... i can email you great info on how to better your state and life (hands on practical tips) from tony Robbins seminar i have attended recently.

xoxo

For moderate depression, or even severe depression that other treatments are giving at least some assistance with this is all well & fine. When you are going through a severe depressive episode, no amount of deep breathing, mindfulness, attempting to change focus or think happy thoughts or good thing (especially when there are no good things in your life) will help. Been there, done that. Have a whole toolbox of techniques to use but in these depths of depression they are literally useless.

I really want to believe that DS does need me here but I just don't. I see the damage I am dong to him. I see how much the continual uncertainty of this year has changed him, how my dysfunction is affecting him, how living with no money ever is impacting on his life, how he thinks that the CAT team sending police to do welfare checks is a somewhat normal part of life, or having the CAT team regularly visiting. I just can't keep doing it to him anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I do not know what to say as I know nothing will make it better.

You are in my thoughts. As is your son. If I could take away the pain I would do so.

If there is something someone here could do to help your son please please let us know.

Many hugs.
    This.

You and your DS are always in my thoughts, and I wish I could make it better for you.
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You asked him where he wanted to live and he chose you. He loves you. The rest doesn't matter. There is no normal. Just hang on.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wish I could take your pain away. I know for certain, your boy needs you. Even if you can see all the things that are wrong at the moment, he is seeing his mum being there for him, with all her love and concern. He knows he is important to you, and he knows you love him, that will be enough to get you through this. Many prayers and hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This must be so hard for you.

I'll give you a different perspective. I work with kids in out of home care. Emergency care, specifically...when they have no other place to go and a placement is needed urgently. Of course these kids suffer from all kinds of trauma, but the loss of a parent - the death of a parent - is something that even the most resilient child never really gets over. A parent who has killed themselves...that has such an impact on someone, and it's so easy for a child to blame themselves for that. Please don't think that it would ever be a good thing, or a non-issue for your son if you were dead. It would affect him for the rest of his life.

Hang in there. I know it doesn't feel like it, but it won't always feel this way. I'm so sorry you're going through this.