+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default it really is hopeless

Today I got confirmation from the most senior of the psychiatrists here that I really am a lost cause - that even he after going through my in depth history since my first hospitalisation nearly 10 years ago, several years of intense therapies, many many medications of various types doses & combinations, interventions by CAT teams, ECT, residential stays he has no idea where to go from here. There really is no point to keeping on trying. Life shouldn't be this hard to just get through each day without hurting yourself before you even start to think about what you actually want to do in the next 5 minutes let alone the rest of your life.

After talking to him for over an hour today, and him telling me to make a snap decision right there right now without thinking as to whether I just want things to be better or to be dead it was suddenly clear - it will never be better so I want to be dead.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Taher1980  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do not know what to say as I know nothing will make it better.

You are in my thoughts. As is your son. If I could take away the pain I would do so.

If there is something someone here could do to help your son please please let us know.

Many hugs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too wish I could take your pain away and help you see that your life is worth living and I truly believe your DS wouldn't be better without you in his life.

Please if any of us can help reach out xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You are worth it. Your son needs you. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no words really but you're in my thoughts, as is your ds.

I'm so sorry it's this hard. hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you are going through this, I don't have any advice but I hope you find the strength to keep fighting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just keep hanging in there. Just because they don't have an answer doesn't mean there isn't one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hon. I can't imagine the pain that you are in. Why is it we are so bad at treating pain, physical and emotional pain. I'm not sure how long you can hang in there but keep trying xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish there was something I can do for you. No one deserves what you are going through, please find the strength to face one more day, then another and another. Keep us posted, we want to hear from you and offer the support we can xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all, Wish I could say it was better but it isn't. If anything it is worse. And finding out today that I need to wait until the end of November for an appointment with my GP has completely pushed me over the edge - just one more thing I can't deal with.