+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Frozen cycle and breast feeding

Hi all just after any advice or experience on doing a frozen cycle while still breastfeeding. I had ds3 5 months ago and he was going to be our last but we have 1 embryo left and I can imagine not using it. I would like to put it back in Jan but don't want to stop breast feeding incase it doesn't work and then have given up for no reason (being potentially my last time I want to go as long as possible). Dh is 48 next year so I really don't want to put it off very long either. I will be giving the nurses a call but I want to know if 1 they will do a natural frozen cycle while BF and 2 does my period have to be regular as well. Any advice would be much appreciated TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://m.*************.com.au/forums...bryo-transfer/

Have a read of this link. It'll take you to essential baby. I was speaking to my FS who is also my OB and my gyno last week. Because of my age and he suggesting my DP and myself start trying for another baby by the end of the year. DS is 11 weeks. We had been through years of IVF all of which failed. Our Bub was natural of a FET round last year. We are thinking about it but as he has said I would have to stop BF a couple of months prior. You have to remember any drugs that we put through our bodies will pass through our milk to our babies. If we do decide to go again we are going to wait until bubs is 6montha then I'll stop and we'll go from there. In the mean time I'm pumping and freezing as much as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Hi all just after any advice or experience on doing a frozen cycle while still breastfeeding. I had ds3 5 months ago and he was going to be our last but we have 1 embryo left and I can imagine not using it. I would like to put it back in Jan but don't want to stop breast feeding incase it doesn't work and then have given up for no reason (being potentially my last time I want to go as long as possible). Dh is 48 next year so I really don't want to put it off very long either. I will be giving the nurses a call but I want to know if 1 they will do a natural frozen cycle while BF and 2 does my period have to be regular as well. Any advice would be much appreciated TIA
    A friend of mine is currently pregnant from a natural fet cycle while breastfeeding. If you are ovulating naturally and not having a stimulated cycle then it should be fine but speak with your own clinic. I would think a regular cycle is essential though as you'll need to ensure ovulation for the transfer to occur. Sorry I'm not too clear on FET with a natural cycle as I've always had stimulated cycles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I will give them a call next week. I would want it to be completely natural so no drugs that might go through the milk so hopefully that's a plus. Just need these periods to get regular