+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you ovulate after taking Provera?

Hi ladies

I am new to this forum. We conceived quickly last year but unfortunately miscarried at 8 weeks. My partner works FIFO so very hard to time ovulation for when when he is home. We recently had a failed round of IVF. All our test results are good so want to try naturally again for a month or 2. My FS has given me Provera to alter my cycle for when partner is home (I have a regular cycle).

All of of my research has shown that Provera is usually only prescribed for women that haven't had their period in a long time. Has anyone had it prescribed to alter cycle? And if so, do you ovulate as normal? And at what stage of your cycle did you start taking it?

feeling confused from what FS has said and from what I have read online. AF due in a few days and can't get in to see FS this week so trying to make a decision on what to do ASAP. Next month partner will be away again so Oct is the only month he is home for 2 weeks so want to make the most of it.

thanks ladies. Baby dust to you you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Provera doesn't have anything to do with ovulation. It simply forces your body to bleed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It can take up to 10 days for your period to start after finishing your last provera dose.