+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does anyone have a robot vacuum? Recommendations?

I am thinking of getting a robot vacuum to help keep my floors clean between 'big' vacuums. I have two inside dogs and they shed fur like crazy, so currently I'm vacuuming 2-3 times per day, and it's just so time consuming. Ideally I'd like to only have to vacuum once a day. Once every two days would be 'the dream'

For anyone who has a robot vacuum ... Do they do a good job? And is there one you would recommend for a home with pets?

Thanks for any advice!

ETA: floors are all hardwood so performance on carpet doesn't matter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes have iroomba robovac. Love it. It does a great in between job. Its a bit noisy to prefer it on while we're out and obviously not as good as thorough as doing it yourself but we love it. Its great on carpet and we often lock in a bedroom and let it do its thing and it does a fairly good job.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (25-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went with the Neato Botvac - I've got a dog that sheds constantly, 2 kids and a sandpit and it's been amazing. We have hardwood floors and a few rugs and it works well on both.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (25-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @PinkPopsicle and @wobbleyhorse! That definitely helps

This might be a stupid question but can you run them more than once a day or would the motor burn out if you use it too much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think the motor would burn out. You would just have to wait for the battery to recharge.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just have to recharge it and clean the collection bin and possibly the brush head. I have long thick hair and lose a bit when have bubs and breastfeeding so have to clean the vacuum brushes regularly lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 2 dogs, one old dog inside full time and one mostly inside. I have an iroomba robovac too, the 870 model from memory. We have it set to run once a day and the house gets vacuumed by a 'normal' vacuum cleaner once a week.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had a Roomba about 6 years ago... it was OK ... but not as good as me vacuuming with my Dyson. I've just bought the latest Roomba 980. I run it every day and it's fantastic. Much better than the previous model I owned. I cut my boys hair in the bathroom and it cleaned it all up. You can connect it to your smartphone and start it from anywhere. Plus this model goes back to home base, recharges and starts the clean again where it left off. My other one I had to press start whenever I wanted it to go. I'm in love with it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    We have 2 dogs, one old dog inside full time and one mostly inside. I have an iroomba robovac too, the 870 model from memory. We have it set to run once a day and the house gets vacuumed by a 'normal' vacuum cleaner once a week.
    A normal vacuum once a week? Holy crap, that truly is 'the dream' My dogs are both young Labradors so they shed heaps because of the breed alone, but also because they don't stay still for very long so the fur is EVERYWHERE

I am so excited about the prospect of not having to vacuum up after them constantly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I've had a Roomba about 6 years ago... it was OK ... but not as good as me vacuuming with my Dyson. I've just bought the latest Roomba 980. I run it every day and it's fantastic. Much better than the previous model I owned. I cut my boys hair in the bathroom and it cleaned it all up. You can connect it to your smartphone and start it from anywhere. Plus this model goes back to home base, recharges and starts the clean again where it left off. My other one I had to press start whenever I wanted it to go. I'm in love with it.
    This sounds like the type of model I think we will need. The less I have to do to make it work, the better!